• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just one little thing to add that no one mentioned.  In the second half, Nadelman was doing the kickoffs.  The first one he absolutely killed out of the back of the end zone.  One was right on the goal line and the other one was about halfway back.  The kid seems to have a big leg.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Just one little thing to add that no one mentioned.  In the second half, Nadelman was doing the kickoffs.  The first one he absolutely killed out of the back of the end zone.  One was right on the goal line and the other one was about halfway back.  The kid seems to have a big leg.

Realized that after hearing post game show on way home .... Was Kloss dinged up a little?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Days Won:  12

Winners : The students

Losers : The general fans that didnt show up. Should have had 35 to 40k in the stands. This is just another reason why I cant wait until USF gets that OCS.

Gotta remember, USF took a MEGA HIT on season ticket renewals. Intelligence sources have indicated that season ticket sales are at 9K for this year (that's seats...not total number of accounts), so I don't know what sort of crowd to expect henceforth. Indeed I was surprised to see the student section that full. I think the University has done a pretty good job of getting them back to the stadium. Just not sure what sort of barometer that is - as the only game thus far as been a slim win over a FBS team.

Not sure why we should have had 30-40K in the stands. The opponent was WCU.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. And I say congrats to USF, Harlan, Taggart, etc for getting the students to show up big last night. That was a job well done. Going to be a tough sell to get the casual fan back. It will take winning to get that done and it may be a few years before we see that. Until then, we might as well enjoy the shorter lines for the concessions and bathrooms. Enjoy the extra elbow room. At least we can say that we are the true die hard fans when and if the bandwagan fans return.

Can we make tshirts?

"I SURVIVED MCNEESE STATE"

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Winners: USF

Losers: people bashing Davis when he was hurt and missed a huge chunk of the game

In all seriousness, the defense needs to tighten up, but the offense was better than any four quarters combined last year. Note I'm not saying they were great, just better than last year.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Losers: people bashing Davis when he was hurt and missed a huge chunk of the game

In all seriousness, the defense needs to tighten up, but the offense was better than any four quarters combined last year. Note I'm not saying they were great, just better than last year.

Yes, against the worst team in FCS.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah I guess a team can never improve.  Sucks for us. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Freshman Devin Abraham was another guy I expected to get early playing time and it looks like he did play nickel all night. You've got a true freshman out there playing in week one I'd say that's a winner, just to be out there. Ryeshene Bronson got out there too.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Yeah I guess a team can never improve.  Sucks for us.

Dude, I'm glad we barely won. All I was doing was putting it perspective. I was really fired up for the season to start and thought we might have a team that could possibly compete for the AAC title. After seeing that debacle on the field I think we are in worse shape than last season. I was expecting 10 steps forward and what we got was a side step at best.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

How can you think we're in worse shape??

Edit for omitting the obvious: WE WON

Edited by NCBull