• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who Still Thinks Willie Taggart is the coach of the future?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

There is some evidence he isn't all he is cracked up to be. For instance Floyd last year and Mack today (was a late insertion since Tice was out). Wonder what he is seeing when he assesses talent and misses the mark.

BUT the attitude change from Holtz and the recruiting class are major pluses.

Absolutely spot on. I couldn't believe he named Floyd the starter last season, and Mack showed he shouldn't come off the field unless he's tired from this point forward. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

There is some evidence he isn't all he is cracked up to be. For instance Floyd last year and Mack today (was a late insertion since Tice was out). Wonder what he is seeing when he assesses talent and misses the mark.

Absolutely spot on. I couldn't believe he named Floyd the starter last season, and Mack showed he shouldn't come off the field unless he's tired from this point forward. 

To be fair sometimes players play better in practice than in a real game. 

I think this team can be ok but White has to play better I am losing faith in White quick.  

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah, what if WCU had those 5 suspended players. Their stud WR. How many wide open drops did they have?

• Upvote 2

I badly want him to be, but his game planning is just terrible. He had what, 5 months to prepare for Western Carolina? Last year the same thing with McNeese. Had 2.5 weeks to prepare for Memphis last year and we laid an egg as well and i'm sure that list goes on. At worst, if he's not he's pumping talent like Marlon Mack into our program and will leave us with talent all over our roster. 

My biggest issue is this power run offense. Marlon Mack went bananas and I'm all about him after seeing what I saw tonight, but that's what we should do as an offense against a team like Western Carolina. Not necessarily the individual effort (which was incredible) but as a team we should push them around and run all over them. No one has trouble guarding the pass against us, not even a 2-10 fcs team from last season. If this team gets down by double digits to a real team with a real good offense stick a fork in us. I'm sure it's partially on bad QB play once again (what else is new), but good lord it is difficult to watch..

To be fair sometimes players play better in practice than in a real game. 

I think this team can be ok but White has to play better I am losing faith in White quick.  

That's true, but Taggart had 3 full games of film to watch Floyd the season before he got here and realize our offense scored 1 TD with him on the field as our QB in those 3 full games and it was a rushing TD. He couldn't even take a snap for god sakes. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

He got a great recruiting class... I would like to see another year. I might change my mind if Maryland drops 50 on us.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Western Carolina reminded me of us when we were us.

Western Carolina reminded me of us when we were us.

That's very true and I miss us.

Yeah, what if WCU had those 5 suspended players. Their stud WR. How many wide open drops did they have?

They had clutch drops that unfortunately won't be dropped by better teams...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Nope if anything I actually have a little more faith in him after tonight.  

The overall team tonight played like the exact same trash that we have been witnessing for years.   Weak defense.  Garbage QB play.  Receivers that can't create separation if their lives counted on it.  A team that was outplayed and honestly out-emotioned (if that's a term) by an FCS team.  A team that deserved to lose.

But ONE player (Obviously Mack) completely carried us to a win instead of another embarrassing loss.  A 4-Star, locally recruited, true freshmen Running Back that absolutely would not have been in a Bulls uniform tonight if it was not for Taggart.

It's going to take Taggart time to not only recruit the guys he needs, but also develop them, but tonight we just got a sneak peak at what happens when you replace lame duck players with some real f**king talent. 

And to that I will also say.....Just start Quinton Flowers.   Screw it.  Mike White sucks.  If you can't handle playing under the "bright" lights against the almighty Western Carolina, then just get the hell off of our field.   If it was his 1st game ever, I would cut him some slack but he got some experience last year, that should be enough to atleast set him up to succeed against an FCS opponent.  After what I saw from Mack tonight, I would rather just see what the true freshman can do, because quite frankly I really doubt he could do any worse then 35% passing against an FCS team.