• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who Still Thinks Willie Taggart is the coach of the future?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I"ve personally committed the first $50,000 to his departure.  He is not only not ready for prime time, he's the worst coach in CFB.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think that is a little extreme but not totally baseless. The team is not a team. A handful won the game tonight, gave the all out effort. But looking across the field, the entire WCU team was all out. It was an embarrassing game, no doubt and my faith in CWT has taken a hit, that's for sure. The DC needs to go, he has to adjust IN GAME, and they need someone who can teach QBs. I'd take a proven FCS coach at this point.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I am personally waiting until some conference games are played before making the final call.

Aside from my personal belief that he gets at least 3 years, this game was eerily similar to last year's McNeese game, without all the pick sixes.  I'm going to need some convincing.  I did expect a larger margin of victory tonight than 5 points. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Days Won:  12

There is some evidence he isn't all he is cracked up to be. For instance Floyd last year and Mack today (was a late insertion since Tice was out). Wonder what he is seeing when he assesses talent and misses the mark.

BUT the attitude change from Holtz and the recruiting class are major pluses.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I doubt the new AD gives him 3 seasons. You can't when MONEY drives this sport. If it didn't Holtz might still be at USF.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We're not exactly in a position any longer where we can afford to pay two head coaches per sport, especially in the biggest revenue sport.  

CWT is in year 2 of a 5-year deal.  That will get pretty expensive if he doesn't go at least three.  I think he'll at least be given that much, Holtz was given that much rope and he hung himself on it.  CWT has had to build back from those effects.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I still think his last year WKU team would beat us… so I know he can develop a better team.

But I am very disappointed in what i saw today.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

One game does not a season make.

The defense made huge scheme and personnel changes in the offseason. They need to get **** figured out.

Chuck called it too soft all night long. Not sure what gives on that. I guess he reaaallly wanted to keep the ball in front of his players. I don't think he trusts his secondary yet.

They will look at the film and it will be obvious to all parties that they can't play that soft against an actual good football team and still walk away with a W.

As for Mike White... WTF!?

If he can't feel comfortable playing WCU, then he's gonna be flat out shell-shocked vs MD. Time to let Bench and Flowers make some plays.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'm ok with him. He's 1-0.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Don't know if he is the coach next year or the next 5 years. However 4 or 5 wins will be sufficient for him to keep his job this year.