• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,862
  • Days Won:  12

Add to the ugly: Mack wasn't supposed to start tonight, only got as many carries since Tice was out. Keep getting questionable roster decisions from coaches...

Edited by hm101

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Watching live i did not see much push from the OL. Mack really got most of his yards on his own. Showed amazing balance, tremendous vision.

Just my opinion from what I saw tonight, but my opinion of White is he slightly less of a statue than Ronnie Banks was. He seems very late to deliver once he finds a receiver. Very unimpressed with him.

Maybe a bit nitpicky, but some of the coaching staff's game management and situational playcalling remains bad and could have been costly against a better team.

Tackling very questionable at times.

From what I saw tonight maybe 4 to 5 win team

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,404
  • Days Won:  13

I was nervous going into the game and all I can say is that my worries were justified. That team scares me. They took the names off, but if it wasn't for a couple players that game would have been a blow out, the bad kind. The WCU team had heart and never gave up. They executed. I'd trade White for the QB in a heartbeat. He can make a pass, quickly. The OC needs to copy the WCU playbook when it comes to short passes. They killed USF. CB, you have a LOT of work to do and I don't think sitting in a Cover 2 zone pretty much all the time is the answer for that kind of offense, obviously.

Pretty much agree with all of this.  Only part I disagree with is that our OC actually called a pretty decent game, IMO, but White had absolutely zero accuracy in most instances tonight.  If his completion % was 10-20 points higher, we may have gotten a couple more scores where we went three and out, or TDs where we kicked field goals.  

We don't need to alter our offense, we just need to keep handing the ball to Mack and we need to have our QBs hit their receivers.  

CB - you're totally right, it seems they're so afraid of getting beat deep that they give away tons of yards underneath.  Dunkley did a good job in man coverage tonight and Johnny Ward looked pretty good too.  Line them up closer to the WRs they are covering and maybe it takes away some out passes like we saw tonight.   

I think the WCU called were easier passes to throw, they were shorter passes. White may be able to do those. Maybe. And if a team keeps throwing the same thing all game, were are the INTs? They need to set up to jump those routes.

Yes, Press helps with throwing off routes and ties up the WRs. Then the LBs and DL get to the qb. Bad Defense and I think the Offense was too much, pass wise for our QB.

I really hope we see adjustments.

Watching live i did not see much push from the OL. Mack really got most of his yards on his own. Showed amazing balance, tremendous vision.

Just my opinion from what I saw tonight, but my opinion of White is he slightly less of a statue than Ronnie Banks was. He seems very late to deliver once he finds a receiver. Very unimpressed with him.

Maybe a bit nitpicky, but some of the coaching staff's game management and situational playcalling remains bad and could have been costly against a better team.

Tackling very questionable at times.

From what I saw tonight maybe 4 to 5 win team

Yes, not much of a push from the OL but it didn't look like Swiss cheese like last year either. BUT, will they be able to hold for a better team? We'll find out soon enough.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  1

Can't expect Marlon to break the rushing record every week. Without his touchdown s, we lose that game. He account s for 274 of offense.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Without his touchdown s, we lose that game.

This may be one of the more assine things I've read on here.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Without his touchdown s, we lose that game.

This may be one of the more assine things I've read on here.

It's not asinine, it's spot on.  Problem though, is that it's more of a "thanks, Captain Obvious" moment.  

White needs 10 ft WRs that run a 3.9 40 and he'd be all set. I take that back, he'd have 50% fewer incompetitions. For the rest he'd need someone with hands for feet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

The Good: Great performance from Marlon Mack, he carried the offense tonight. Defense played well when they showed some passion

The Bad: USF pass defense, most of the night the defense looked lost

The Ugly: White just about every pass was off target, especially in the first half.

Wouldn't the win be a Good?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

I was nervous going into the game and all I can say is that my worries were justified. That team scares me. They took the names off, but if it wasn't for a couple players that game would have been a blow out, the bad kind. The WCU team had heart and never gave up. They executed. I'd trade White for the QB in a heartbeat. He can make a pass, quickly. The OC needs to copy the WCU playbook when it comes to short passes. They killed USF. CB, you have a LOT of work to do and I don't think sitting in a Cover 2 zone pretty much all the time is the answer for that kind of offense, obviously.

I saw two teams tonight that never gave up ...