• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hate to say this about UCF…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

…but they are the team to beat in the AAC.  That QB Holman, what a gem.  I saw in him what I think it takes to be a winner:  heart for the game, football smarts, great arm, great legs, and an outstanding mature staff coaching him.  Yes, they lost today, but while he was on the field they outscored Penn St. 21-13, and 3 of those 13 came as time expired.

USF?  We have a starting QB who has yet to win a game with a coaching staff still struggling to find themselves.  They’re on the right track but have a long, long road ahead of them.

There, I got it off my chest.  Now I can go to the game tonight with no false expectations.  I’ll take the game for what it is—entertainment.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I have watched him for two years, thisthis was his was his best performance by far. He still has a lot to learn, especially to be consistent which is why he lost QB1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615

When I saw Holman in mop up duty last season I said he has all the physical tools and presence to be Bortles replacement.

I don't know what the hell GOL was thinking starting Dinovo and his noodle arm. It won't get easier with Mizzou next but Holman gives me hope we have a chance to repeat as AAC Champs

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Some quarterbacks play better off the bench and not the starter i.e. Eveld was like this.

So will be interested to see how he does as a starter. 

UCF has a good defense so even with a avg offense they will be a good team this year. 

• Upvote 1

Third AAC game into the season, after a loss a to a horrible PSU, and they're the team to beat. 

They barely beat us and several of the countries other worst teams last year with the second coming of Tim Tebow, I think I'll hold my judgement until everyone in the AAC plays lol. 

ughh Penn State has a QB that will be playing in the NFL in a few years. It's hard to open up the first game and be sharp then you add playing in Europe. West Carolina would have been a better opponent when breaking in a new QB

Edited by ambienknights

Third AAC game into the season, after a loss a to a horrible PSU, and they're the team to beat. 

They barely beat us and several of the countries other worst teams last year with the second coming of Tim Tebow, I think I'll hold my judgement until everyone in the AAC plays lol. 

ughh Penn State has a QB that will be playing in the NFL in a few years. It's hard to open up the first game and be sharp then you add playing in Europe. West Carolina would have been a better opponent when breaking in a new QB

QB looked good, or UCF's secondary is just meh, or both! 

Back to my point...Half the conference hasn't even played their first game of the season yet. UCF goes 10-22 @ 200+ yards, with minimal rushing yards and they're the team to beat- see what I'm saying?

I get your point but it's opening up with a BIG team with a very good QB even if they are middle of the road in their conference this year

If I had to guess UCF, Cincy, ECU, and Temple will be the top 4 AAC teams but it's a long year. UCF's offense needs a healthy Stanback & Hall back

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

LOVE to say this about UCF

they LOST

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

PSU wasn't prepared for Holman. We'll see what he can really do in the coming weeks.

For now, I'll just happily savor UCF's defeat. :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Hind sight being what it is, think it may have been a better idea to not have played the "home" game across the pond ....? Coming off best season in history, playing a higher profile program ... the place would really have been wocking ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

UCF has a good defense so even with a avg offense they will be a good team this year.

Didn't watch game but I don't think good defenses give up 551 yds of offense ... 90 yards of penalties didn't help PSU either.