• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you think the Student section will look game 1?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I love that USF athletics has stepped in to make changes helping the students get involved and make the trip to Ray Jay. After last season though is the excitement there to change the student section starting game 1 or will it take time to build? What is the pulse on campus now? I am hoping the lower end zone looks at least 70% for game one and stays that way through the 4th. 

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/athletic-staff-doing-anything-it-can-to-get-students-involved-20140828/

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I'll guess 4-5k students. Not to sidetrack the thread, but talking about attendance figures, does anyone know how many season tickets USF sold?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

Nothing can be worse than what we saw last year. I haven't been on campus in a few months but from what I can see, athletics is doing a decent job in putting confidence back in the program. I feel that the student section will probabaly be around 50-60% full for the opener.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If its half full, I'd be surprised. The team is an unknown and the opponent is a snooze, at best.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I would hope 70% or more the whole way. But our student section is awfully good at showing up late and leaving early

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

when i was a student it was packed no matter who we played....although Leavitt was the coach and we were actually fun to watch

I would hope 70% or more the whole way. But our student section is awfully good at showing up late and leaving early

Wonder if the bus schedule will accommodate that. Would be nice to have no return trips til the end of the 4th. Not sure how that will impact the logistics of transporting the students though.  

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Wonder if the bus schedule will accommodate that. Would be nice to have no return trips til the end of the 4th. Not sure how that will impact the logistics of transporting the students though.

Good point. Should just make it clear first bus leaving is 15 mins after clock hits 0s.

But I'll be honest I love the idea but I could never run that if there were significant amount of students. I'm sure there would be dozens of kids left behind

Good point. Should just make it clear first bus leaving is 15 mins after clock hits 0s.

But I'll be honest I love the idea but I could never run that if there were significant amount of students. I'm sure there would be dozens of kids left behind

I am sure they will have more return buses than ones sending students there. There will obviously be a slower trickle heading in than those leaving. I think A nice stead loop of a few buses bringing them in, then a small fleet to take them back. The students pay a hefty fee for athletics, we should be able to afford making it easy for them to get back and forth.

Does USF still do the campaign for a free taxi in Tampa if you are drunk? I know they had some sort of Safe program when I was a student. 

Also we are supposed to have a faster offense this year, so hopefully the games will have that excitement back in them. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

First game of a new season 70% full sounds right.