• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marlon Gonzalez, DE N Ft Myers HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

These last 3 commits have really been a strong jolt to our 2015 class.  A DB, LB and DE, all look like high potential, early impact players.  I'll be honest...after a series of 2 star commits (in Taggart we trust), I was getting a little concerned and underwhelmed.  But these last 3 are really impressive, and I have to think Taggart & Co have some very good players close to the boat.

10 down; 15 to go!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

That was me and I said we'd lose far more of those battles than we'd win. I can both stand by that statement and be excited about this pickup. They're not mutually exclusive.

True.  Not sure what caused the flip, but if he sticks & contributes...don't care.

Key for us, as long as our program lags the Big 3 (or other predators), is to find the gems, and not give up on targets who commit.  Some can be won over; others won't fit in the class (FSU only get 85 schollies, like us...they can't get 'em all).  If those schools dump someone late, and we get them, it's always possible our grab outperforms the one FSU kept.  Sometimes it's too close to call. 

And then...there's coaching, to develop these hi-pot guys.

If we can win this year, and go bowling, I can see Taggart & Co doing VERY well.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

That was me and I said we'd lose far more of those battles than we'd win. I can both stand by that statement and be excited about this pickup. They're not mutually exclusive.

True. Not sure what caused the flip, but if he sticks & contributes...don't care.

Key for us, as long as our program lags the Big 3 (or other predators), is to find the gems, and not give up on targets who commit. Some can be won over; others won't fit in the class (FSU only get 85 schollies, like us...they can't get 'em all). If those schools dump someone late, and we get them, it's always possible our grab outperforms the one FSU kept. Sometimes it's too close to call.

And then...there's coaching, to develop these hi-pot guys.

If we can win this year, and go bowling, I can see Taggart & Co doing VERY well.

He's already recruiting like crazy. Bowl or not, he just needs to show improvement. That's going to be the key to keeping the momentum going.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

Kind of makes you excited about the talent we can bring in after a winning season, doesn't it?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Absolutely.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Kind of makes you excited about the talent we can bring in after a winning season, doesn't it?

We need to win not just for that, but to hang on to the guys who have already committed. Guys like this (and Higdon) aren't going to stick through another 2-10 year.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I know a coach for NFMHS. I'll get some insider insight on Marlon.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

We need to win not just for that, but to hang on to the guys who have already committed. Guys like this (and Higdon) aren't going to stick through another 2-10 year.

Thing is you really don't know if that would drive them to change their mind or not (this thread's about a guy who didn't stick after a MNC). I just hope we don't have to find out .... and I don't think we will .... If we do, I may not stick.   ;)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

+1

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Tags can recruit his tail off.