• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Favoroso, DE, Jensen Beach HS, JB, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Chris and current commit Nico Sawtelle are like bros, according to Nico. Chris is a State tournament champion wrestler, which means great conditioning and balance. Solid FB offer sheet. Gonna go watch these guys soon. Just up the street.

6" 3" #225 4.6-40 Beast

20 sacks in 6A last yr. Yowza

Athlete of the Week: Chris Favoroso

By Matt Lincoln/CBS12

JENSEN BEACH, Fla. - Chris Favoroso is a two-time wrestling champion, the first one in the history of one of the best high school programs in South Florida.  So he's a no-brainer choice for the CBS12 Athlete of the Week.

Favoroso moved to Florida from New Jersey in the 8th grade. It was not by chance he wound up at Jensen Beach.

"We picked here for wrestling," says Favoroso.  "No one works harder than us."

Coach Tom McMath has had 5 state champions at Jensen, but no one quite like Chris.

"You can't teach fight," says McMath. "From the start, I knew he had that in him."

Chris's promise for greatness has turned into results. He won a state championship as a Sophomore in the 170 weight class and repeated as a state champion last week at 195. 

Also a star football player, Favoroso has his eyes set on a big senior year - and the rare wrestling feat of a three-peat

http://www.cbs12.com/sports/stories/vid_874.shtml

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I hope this kid doesn't wind up like the other wrestler from last year. Talked up USF and his connection going back to Taggart at WKU, then wound up jumping at that Univ. Tenn. offer as soon as it came.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

I hope this kid doesn't wind up like the other wrestler from last year. Talked up USF and his connection going back to Taggart at WKU, then wound up jumping at that Univ. Tenn. offer as soon as it came.

Wasn't that kid in the heart of SEC country with no SEC offers at the time... or am I confusing him with someone else?

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Can he wrestle and play football at USF?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Wasn't that kid in the heart of SEC country with no SEC offers at the time... or am I confusing him with someone else?

I think so, and I vaguely remember something about judo as well.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

It was Bruno Reagan and he flipped to Vanderbilt. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Wrestled at 195 in Feb, now 225.  Normally that would surprise me, but wrestlers cut weight HARD before a match, so his "walk around weight" was likely 205 or so.

If the 225 is true, and it's "good weight", he could be D-1 ready, physically, by NSD (if not already).

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I think he projects better as a LB.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, maybe a Clay Mathews type of LB

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

It was Bruno Reagan and he flipped to Vanderbilt. 

And an important point is Bruno is from Clarksville, TN.

So basically he got an offer from his hometown university... and a prestigious one at that (academically and in the SEC)

...Can't fault the kid for that