• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aresco's Dirty Dozen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Fun article:

http://www.voodoofive.com/2014/7/29/5948361/aac-media-days-tweetcap-mike-aresco-is-lee-marvin-as-major-reisman

I do like the Tenacity and fire of Aresco. He is going to give it his all to put this conference on the map and it will be a constant uphill battle. Best thing we have going for us while we are here. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I've said for a while that the best conference for USF is the ACC, but the second best is for the whole AAC to step up and eat at the big boys table. The AAC is not a terrible conference - IF - the money were relatively equal to the P5

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

I've said for a while that the best conference for USF is the ACC, but the second best is for the whole AAC to step up and eat at the big boys table. The AAC is not a terrible conference - IF - the money were relatively equal to the P5

Well as Aresco said, we have to earn that respect. Hate to say it but UCF and UCONN pulled their weight in the that regard last year. We NEED to repeat that this year with our teams. At least 1 upper bowl and 1 basketball champ or several strong basketball contenders. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

Hate to say it but Oleary had a good quote. Something along the lines of take away two or three teams from the so called power conferences, and everyone else is just collecting a paycheck.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

He kinda caught me off guard when he said he didn't like the AAC being excluded from the "Power" conferences. He was initially talking semantics, insulted that after last years Fiesta and BB championships that the AAC wasn't considered a power conference. His suggestion they rename themselves should be a contest for the TBP. Rename The Power 5

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

He kinda caught me off guard when he said he didn't like the AAC being excluded from the "Power" conferences. He was initially talking semantics, insulted that after last years Fiesta and BB championships that the AAC wasn't considered a power conference. His suggestion they rename themselves should be a contest for the TBP. Rename The Power 5

It doesn't matter what we call the AAC, the Sunbelt is better in all capacities. :popcorn:  :ph34r:

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

It doesn't matter what we call the AAC, the Sunbelt is better in all capacities. :popcorn:  :ph34r:

Huh?

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213

Aresco's tough talk reminds of when he took over.  Back then he said we (the BE) were worthy of a BILLION dollar contract.  Everybody rolled their eyes and went and got theirs.  Months after his bold proclamation, he secured us pennies on the dollar and we were getting stiffed by the likes of SDSU.

Not trying to be a troll, but Aresco's specialty was TV and he screwed the pooch.

I think he's in over his head.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

Huh?

You had to be there ....

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Huh?

He was being sarcastic, aimed at slick.

Rimshot.