• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

UM Football (Posts pulled from another thread)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Big get. Hope we can keep him, I've got a feeling he's going to blow up this year.

I tend to agree with you.  Every year, there are a few Dade County running backs who just explode for yardage as they grow into their bodies.  I would value Telly's judgement in this regard, he saw some of the best year-in, year-out in Dade.

How are your Canes shaping up this year?  Most of my work-Canes are optimistic, except at QB.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

Big get. Hope we can keep him, I've got a feeling he's going to blow up this year.

I tend to agree with you. Every year, there are a few Dade County running backs who just explode for yardage as they grow into their bodies. I would value Telly's judgement in this regard, he saw some of the best year-in, year-out in Dade.

How are your Canes shaping up this year? Most of my work-Canes are optimistic, except at QB.

I'll chime in.

The big Miami fan that I know is not optimistic. He thinks his team will have a bad season, 6 wins he tells me.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

I tend to agree with you.  Every year, there are a few Dade County running backs who just explode for yardage as they grow into their bodies.  I would value Telly's judgement in this regard, he saw some of the best year-in, year-out in Dade.

How are your Canes shaping up this year?  Most of my work-Canes are optimistic, except at QB.

Should be interesting.  Supposedly, Williams is on track to be able to return for the first game.  With his experience, plus Duke, Stacy, and the rest of the RBs and WRs, we should be pretty decent on offense.  Would have preferred to have kept the OL who transferred (Bunche), but we should be good on offense.  Everyone wants to see Kaaya come in and throw fire, but I will be comfortable with Williams and Heaps for the first month.

Defense is going to be the unknown, and not for the whole "we sucked last year, Onofrio sucks" nonsense.  I believe the defense will be much better, but there are two huge wild cards.  One is the removal of two experienced linebackers, which I support, but is still a big loss.  The other will be how much Golden and Onofrio want to run the 3-4.  Without knowing as much about how they plan to do this, it is very hard to say that we will or will not have all the right personnel and all the right playcalls.  I have a friend who works for the UM Athletic Department, and he sees the players regularly.  D-line has grown, and the DBs are healthy again.  The key will be LB play if we utilize a moderate to large amount of 3-4.

I will know a lot more after the Louisville game.  QB health.  Defensive schemes.  Duke speed/cuts.  If we beat Louisville, we can play freshmen/rest upperclassmen coming off injuries.  I am not putting much stock into the Nebraska game, we can lose that and be fine if it puts us in better position to play the ACC schedule with healthy starters and experienced backups (who would, presumably, be getting some early-season reps).  We have to emerge from September with minimal injuries to the main starters.

I'm confident.  If we beat Louisville, it's possible to win 10.  Not saying it will happen, we need a lot of breaks to get there.

If we can hold onto the 2015 and 2016 recruits, it's going to be an amazing team in a couple of years.

Edited by Hurricane Mutiny

Four star RB out of Miami, currently committed to Miami.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Cronkrite-23211

Visiting USF this weekend per his Twitter.  Definitely a long shot but it's the slow season so some info is better than none...

He's doing a favor for Telly.  All Cane.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Visiting USF this weekend per his Twitter.  Definitely a long shot but it's the slow season so some info is better than none...

Lock it in, folks, the Mighty Mutiny has spoken. :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Long line of RBs to break through for playing time at Miami right now. Especially if Yearby is as good as advertised.

Never know.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

He is all Cane until he isn't which obviously/always because Miami "no longer wanted/needed him." :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

He is all Cane until he isn't which obviously/always because Miami "no longer wanted/needed him." :rolleyes:

I'd hope/expect Lockett not to bring in a kid he has no chance with.  Why spend the $$, or maybe even scare off some other quality RB.

I'm not surprised he'd lean to UM, but UM can't get them all.  Besides, UM bud Luther Campbell recently tweeted, "If Locketts wants you, play for him".

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Hey, you're not supposed to know how to play this game. :popcorn:

Long line of RBs to break through for playing time at Miami right now. Especially if Yearby is as good as advertised.

Never know.

Really?

If Duke has a good bounce-back year, he'll go into the draft.  Yearby will be the only returning guy at Cronkrite's talent level.

I admire y'all's optimism, but if every 4 and 5 star player in Florida was checking out Florida Big 3 depth charts and fearful of competition, then it seems like USF and UCF would be landing some amazing recruiting classes.

Fortunately for Miami, most of the 4 and 5 star players in Florida aren't too scared to earn their playing time.  Particularly when that "long line of RBs" who are already enrolled likely only consists of one guy who was rated as highly.

If Yearby scares Cronkrite into picking USF, y'all can have him.