• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Diehard is like 15-20k, there were times late in season after halftime that it was just sad looking at the stadium.

Win again and we can pull 30 and 45k again...ranked and we can bring in 50k plus.

There were only around 200 students that showed up for the last home game...that is telling.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Diehard is like 15-20k, there were times late in season after halftime that it was just sad looking at the stadium.

Win again and we can pull 30 and 45k again...ranked and we can bring in 50k plus.

There were only around 200 students that showed up for the last home game...that is telling.

The only thing telling about it is that we were 2-9 at that point.  It just says we sucked last season and for the past 3.  If we win, people will come out.  We just haven't been winning.  I'm a die hard fan, never miss home games and make a few away games. I still talk to other people who just didn't want to see he rebuilding last year after having atrocious seasons prior.  We get off to a decent start and people will come back.  We just need to show we can beat other decent teams and not finish below .500 again.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Days Won:  3

It'd be interesting to know what the season ticket account tally is like. The last figure I heard - from some years back - was right around 5K. I agree that the in-it-to-the-bitter-end fan count is probably around 15K~16K. The stadium was alarmingly vacant by the end of last season. It'll be interesting to see what attendance is like when USF is back to being competitive and winning. Will we draw the same as we did for Rutgers, Pitt, L'ville and the rest of the Big East after a few years of the AAC? How much does exclusion from the P5 impact the USF fanbase? The die-hards, probably not so much. Students...the same way. As for the casual / what's on TV crowd, it may make selling to them a tad more difficult. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

8% die hard

17% casual

25% wannabe

45% Bandwagon

5%  opponents

I think for the first 4 games we will avg about 12-15k, If we go 3-4 and excitement builds I think the rest of the year we will see 25-30k.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think there is a percentage that go to games more because they love football than are USF fans. They live close by and go to games. They might wear USF apparel but in reality they do it more to blend it. We've done that here at GT games, the closest college games to where we live (although there will be an even closer team soon).  My wife is from south NJ, Philadelphia Eagles fan but cheers for the Falcons (something I never do).  I know people in Sarasota like that, that are FSU fans and alumni but go to USF games because they are close and love football and cheer the Bulls simple because they are local. Now do these people go to USF games when the team is losing? I'd think to some that team success doesn't matter as much, its really about watching football live.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I think for the first 4 games we will avg about 12-15k, If we go 3-4 and excitement builds I think the rest of the year we will see 25-30k.

I would be willing to bet that we average more than 12-15k the first 3 games.  Just looking at season ticket sales right now...

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I think there is a percentage that go to games more because they love football than are USF fans. They live close by and go to games. They might wear USF apparel but in reality they do it more to blend it. We've done that here at GT games, the closest college games to where we live (although there will be an even closer team soon).  My wife is from south NJ, Philadelphia Eagles fan but cheers for the Falcons (something I never do).  I know people in Sarasota like that, that are FSU fans and alumni but go to USF games because they are close and love football and cheer the Bulls simple because they are local. Now do these people go to USF games when the team is losing? I'd think to some that team success doesn't matter as much, its really about watching football live.

I can agree with that. Though sometimes some of those casual "just love to watch football" fans get tickets from actual USF fans who have gotten fed up with it, or when the team isn't doing well they teeter off the top of the fence and over to the "I've got more important stuff to do on Saturdays with family/friends" mode, so sometimes it ends up being a wash, but still better than the USF fan not going and no one taking their tickets (which I saw happen a lot last year since nobody wanted to go watch that torture).

PS - are you talking about GA Southern? They're making the jump, going to be in SunBelt soon.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The first few games this year might be a mix of semi-exciting opponents and maybe just people buying into a little hope and hype that the team is on the upward trend (if we truly have hit rock bottom in 2013). Maryland and NC State don't move the needle much but both are travel-able games for their fans and are decent opponents. WCU will attract the die hard Bulls fans looking for that glimmer of hope this year, and hopefully the UCONN game will draw some (I think it's a Fri night too?). Surely the UCF game will be well attended, either for the rivalry or for their fans clamoring to "invade" Ray Jay and hope they can get a win on USF turf, and ensuingly troll the ever loving crap out of everyone in the process.

ECU I feel will be well attended as well. They'll come for the pirate ship!!!

I would be willing to bet that we average more than 12-15k the first 3 games.  Just looking at season ticket sales right now...

I would love to be wrong, but I am also guessing butts in seats numbers, not announced numbers. 

What are the season ticket sales stats so far?