• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bradley To Lead USF Men’s Golf Program

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: July 4, 2014

Web Release: http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209540761

Follow @USFAthletics On Twitter

Like USF Athletics on Facebook

Bradley To Lead USF Men’s Golf Program

Former Mercer Head Coach And Atlantic Sun Coach of the Year Takes Over Program That Has Made Consecutive NCAA Appearances

TAMPA, JULY 4, 2014 – University of South Florida Director of Athletics Mark Harlan today announced the appointment of Steven Bradley as head coach of the USF men’s golf program, which has made consecutive NCAA postseason appearances and won the 2013 Big East Championship.

“We are very excited to welcome Steven Bradley to the USF family and to have him leading our men’s golf program,” Harlan said. “He has tremendous roots in the state of Florida and a record of building a program capable of competing against anyone in the country. Our golf program is on the rise, and Steven is the right coach to take it to even greater heights.”

Named the 2014 Atlantic Sun Conference Coach of the Year, Bradley is a former University of Florida player and assistant coach with roots in the state. He comes to USF after having served as head coach for the Mercer University golf program since 2011. In three seasons leading the Bears, he oversaw a program rise in the Golfweek/Sagarin College team rankings from No. 103 in 2011 to No. 30 in 2014. Bradley guided the program to a conference championship and first-ever qualification for the NCAA postseason in 2013-14 and coached six Atlantic Sun All-Conference players during his tenure.

Bradley guided three Bears players to qualification in the NCAA postseason regional tournament in the 2011 and 2012 seasons after the program had previously had one qualifier in its history. His 2013-14 team won three tournaments, including the conference championship, and defeated such teams as Georgia, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Florida State. The Bears had two players named to the Conference All-Freshman Team and Trey Rule was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Player of the Year.

Prior to his tenure at Mercer, Bradley served as an assistant coach for three years at the University of Florida as the Gators advanced to three NCAA National Championships, finishing 19th, 23rd and 11th from 2009-2011. He was part of a program that won the 2011 SEC championship, had three golfers ranked in the top 25 in collegiate golf, and was consistently ranked in the top 10, finishing the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons ranked No. 6 in the final Sagarin rankings.

A 1999 graduate of the University of Florida’s Warrington College of Business with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Bradley began his professional career working as an account executive and sales manager for CDW Corporation, Inc., a Chicago-based Fortune 500 company.

Bradley was a two-year member of the Florida golf team, garnering All-SEC second-team honors in his junior season, his first in Gainesville, and finishing third in the 1998 NCAA East Regional. Bradley assumed the role of team captain in his senior campaign and led Florida to the 1999 SEC Conference Championship.

Before transferring to Florida in the fall of 1997, Bradley spent two seasons competing for Florida State, leading the Seminoles with five top-20 finishes during his sophomore season.

As an amateur, Bradley won the 1996 Florida State Amateur title and also qualified for the 1994 U.S. Amateur.

He is married to the former Jen Meeker. The couple has a daughter, Campbell.

– #GoBulls –

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

National champs here we come ...

• Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Courtesy USF:

Quotes from new USF men’s golf coach Steven Bradley:

“I’m very excited for the opportunity to lead the USF golf program and can’t wait to get started. The team has had a lot of success and I told them they had accomplished a lot, but I look forward to helping them accomplish even more. I feel like their goals and expectations and mine align perfectly. There is a lot of talent and youth on the team, and I am really looking forward to the chance to work with them.”

“My interactions with Mark Harlan and the USF athletic administration have been fantastic and I had the chance to meet some of the boosters. That support in the community combined with the tremendous facilities and an athletic department I feel is going in a great direction were all great selling points for me.”

“I was born in Bradenton and went to high school in Ocala, so I’m a Florida boy. For me to be able to get back to Florida is very exciting. It’s really perfect timing and combined with the athletic department, being in Florida and in a great area, the USF job is just a home run.”

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Seems like a good hire. I just hope we can keep our current players and incoming class together.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Agree. Looks good on paper.

So ...

We're a golf school now!

Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Courtesy USF:

"USF job is just a home run.â€

How many times have we heard this  lol 

Edited by Jewbull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Courtesy USF:

Same number of times we've been called a sleeping giant ...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Courtesy USF:

Same number of times we've been called a sleeping giant ...

Potential?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Courtesy USF:

Shouldn't he have used "hole in one"?

• Upvote 1