• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 5 Impact players for Early playing time.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

If the new receivers can't outdo the piss poor effort and performance of the receiving corps last season, we may be in for more years of mediocrity.

I think we have more talent at receivers than I've ever seen here.  Now...if that translates to success on the field, great.  But we need the QB to have some time, make some throws and the receivers to catch the gimmies.  I think the short/mid-range game has been lacking for years (I don't count the "get killed at the 1 yard WR screen" as a short game).

2 somewhat experienced QB, a fairly vet line and better talent at WR/TE should equate to a much better O (hard to get worse, or even stay as bad as 2013).  I hope Taggart trusts Wulf to run the O.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If the new receivers can't outdo the piss poor effort and performance of the receiving corps last season, we may be in for more years of mediocrity.

I get that we're all on edge based on the last few years of USF football, but let's worry about something like when there's cause for concern.

I think it's more reasonable to expect the new guys to give max effort to try to get out on the field as soon as possible, knowing CWT doesn't have a problem with getting playmakers on the field. 

I hope Taggart trusts Wulf to run the O.

Been a while since we talked about it, but is CWT giving Wulff playcalling duties?  I can't remember. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Been a while since we talked about it, but is CWT giving Wulff playcalling duties?  I can't remember. 

I don't know, but if I recall, last year, Taggart called plays.  That's a painful muzzle to put on a creative OC.

I don't know, but if I recall, last year, Taggart called plays.  That's a painful muzzle to put on a creative OC.

Agreed, unless that was a condition of the hire, that he would be ok with it.  Guess we'll see on Game 1. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, I guess none of the Freshmen out of our most celebrated class ever, will have an impact.

Where did anyone say that?

Nobody did. Certainly not me. I believe I've stated myself pretty clear and I'm not sure why it's being met with petulance.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Yeah, I guess none of the Freshmen out of our most celebrated class ever, will have an impact.

Where did anyone say that?

Where did anyone claim this was our best ever?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Watching marlon macks hs tape is a joy. He really is a man among boys however, is his competition level good at all. All the defenders he beat look smallish. Johnsons tape show solid running against tougher bigger teams.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957

Watching marlon macks hs tape is a joy. He really is a man among boys however, is his competition level good at all. All the defenders he beat look smallish. Johnsons tape show solid running against tougher bigger teams.

I believe both De'Ernest Johnson and Marlon Mack played Division 5A ball.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

Expect Wulff to run offensive practice, Wulff/Taggart to create the gameplan on offense, and Taggart to call plays.