• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maryland transfer PG Roddy Peters

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5/1/2014 9:38:56 AM

Maryland transfer Roddy Peters is likely to visit West Virginia this weekend, a source told InsideMDSports.

Peters, a 6-foot-4 freshman point guard who received his release from Maryland three weeks ago , is also being sought by Virginia Tech, Georgetown and South Florida.

West Virginia is currently without an open scholarship, but reportedly has one or more players in limbo.

6_2876030.png

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Maryland-Transfer-Roddy-Peters-Expected-to-Visit-West-Virginia-28420033

David Owens â€@DaveOwensWUSA 1h

Family member of @umterps Roddy Peters:"Maryland was great for Roddy but he needed a change he wants to get away from home." @wusa9

Gold And Blue Zone â€@GoldAndBlueZone 7h

#Maryland transfer and class of 2013 4-star top 50 recruit Roddy Peters (PG) is visiting #WVU this weekend. #MountaineerNation #Big12

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

man o man, I don't ever remember this many transfers....Is this normal?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

He's right around the corner from me.

If anybody's got the bag, I'll be the bagman ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

Maybe there's more than normal but truth is we probably never really noticed because I don't think we've ever had 5 schollies available this time of year before.

Maybe there's more than normal but truth is we probably never really noticed because I don't think we've ever had 5 schollies available this time of year before.

good point

West Virginia, Georgetown, USF, + Virginia Tech are among the schools in the mix for Maryland transfer Roddy Peters, source told @CBSSports.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

This kid played behind Seth Allen who is also transferring correct? Seth Allen also doesnt have any suitors from what I understand, and I am worried slightly about Roddy Peters numbers when he did actually play. he avg like 15 miinutes a game and his numbers were pretty.....tame....I suppose is the word. That could have been due to an abundance of things of course, but I figured I would throw that out there. I mean, the kid was like the 10th rated PG when he committed to Maryland so there has to be some talent there.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

This kid played behind Seth Allen who is also transferring correct? Seth Allen also doesnt have any suitors from what I understand, and I am worried slightly about Roddy Peters numbers when he did actually play. he avg like 15 miinutes a game and his numbers were pretty.....tame....I suppose is the word. That could have been due to an abundance of things of course, but I figured I would throw that out there. I mean, the kid was like the 10th rated PG when he committed to Maryland so there has to be some talent there.

It's a big mess at the University of Maryland, lot's of turmoil. Peters needed a change of scenery and it is expected that in the right positive environment, he will indeed show why he was so highly rated.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

It's a big mess at the University of Maryland, lot's of turmoil. Peters needed a change of scenery and it is expected that in the right positive environment, he will indeed show why he was so highly rated.

I certainly hope to see it if he decides this is where he wants to be. Honestly at the 1 his height is tantalizing. We already have some attention on some good shooters so that might free up some room to operate and grow. Its a fresh start for everyone, hopefully he will continue to grow with the guidance of our coaching staff.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He never made the visit to WVU.

Some new schools in the mix.

TerpsRecruiting â€@terpsrecruiting 3h

Per @insidemdsports, #Terps transfer Roddy Peters has heard from Oregon, Virginia, Villanova, Cincy, Georgetown, Va. Tech, USF and St. Joe's