• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Do they not realize wherever they go they will be starting from square one?

Like mentioned on page one, it really makes you wonder what kind of attitude Heath was instilling in the players.

They quit on the court, and now they are all quitting the team. These guys are weak.

I hope coach O replaces them with guys who aren't quitters.

...like transfers from other schools?
I see extending my logic to all transfers would mean the incoming transfers are quitters too. One or two transfers from a team is more understandable, but we have like half of the team giving up on their teammates and not even giving the new staff a chance. Weak.

It seems as if they have no pride in USF.

The players will be with a new coaching staff no matter what they choose. The incoming coach received overwhelming amount of positive compliments of his character and coaching ability from former players. I don't see what these guys are running away from, or towards, except that they're just giving up on USF (Heath's son an exception).

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

For me, this is not just the usual fallout from a coaching change. This is another symptom in a continuing pattern of failures by the athletic department. You can blame Stan Heath, you can blame the kids, but the reality is the program is going back to square one AGAIN and, for me, under a coach that I have no confidence that he can get it done. I'm not saying he won't, I'm saying there's nothing that gives me confidence that better days are ahead. If you see it, you're just holding on to wishful thinking, because there is no track record to show it. The exact same thing goes for football. Being an assistant to John Calipari and Jim Harbaugh doesn't make you John Calipari and Jim Harbaugh. And you'll never see me bragging about recruiting class rankings. The only thing that matters is on-field performance. I don't want to argue with fellow Bulls. That's not my aim. I'm just a guy who - in the past - has been as close to the program as you can get. It's painful to see what's happening and I can't pour my heart and soul into it anymore. I did that for years. Again, Brad will vouch.

Valid points, Dave.  I'm not as deep into it as you are (living in Palm Beach makes it tough to make a lot of games), but I'm just hoping that Antigua bring SOME fire which I've rarely seen with our basketball teams.  I was at school during the Dobras/Shahid days, and they were fun to watch. 

Losing Egbunu hurts (it's silly for some to say it doesn't matter, can't go lower than last).  He could've been a foundation upon which to build...but now it's going to be very hard.  But, I'm sticking around, and giving these guys a chance to show they can elevate the program.  A lot will be known in the coming months, I'm sure.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am going no where. Staying until I take my last breath. This is my university.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

I wonder if keeping Coach Rocc on would have mitigated some of these transfers? Would have been easy for COA to do...guess he wanted a clean break. And I guess he's getting just that.

Like mentioned on page one, it really makes you wonder what kind of attitude Heath was instilling in the players.

They quit on the court, and now they are all quitting the team. These guys are weak.

I see extending my logic to all transfers would mean the incoming transfers are quitters too. One or two transfers from a team is more understandable, but we have like half of the team giving up on their teammates and not even giving the new staff a chance. Weak.

It seems as if they have no pride in USF.

The players will be with a new coaching staff no matter what they choose. The incoming coach received overwhelming amount of positive compliments of his character and coaching ability from former players. I don't see what these guys are running away from, or towards, except that they're just giving up on USF (Heath's son an exception).

I think we can expect 1-2 JUCO transfers...those guys are hypocrite-free :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I wonder if keeping Coach Rocc on would have mitigated some of these transfers? Would have been easy for COA to do...guess he wanted a clean break. And I guess he's getting just that.

Coach Rocc was leaving to go work for his friend Buzz Williams. Only being given the head coaching job would have kept him around.

I am going no where. Staying until I take my last breath. This is my university.

Amen, brother.  I was telling my wife last season..."Man, we're so horrible".  She said, "Why do you torture yourself like this??".  I looked at her completely bewildered..."It's my school.  I can't stop loving it just because we're struggling".

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Coach Rocc was leaving to go work for his friend Buzz Williams. Only being given the head coaching job would have kept him around.

So Egbunu lands at VTech then?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

So Egbunu lands at VTech then?

I don't know, do they have an open spot? I've seen some of their fans start talking about the possibility but I haven't looked at their roster. Maybe Linzy Davis will place Egbunu somewhere again.

Edited by Vega

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

It's not weak at all. You can't have it both ways. By your criteria, Canty is doing the exact same thing our guys did, giving up on his teammates ... in fact, by YOUR thinking, Canty's worse because he's quitting on more teammates ... unless there's also a mass exodus from Marshall.