• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 Luis Montero - former #1 player in the Dominican

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

very good, 3B. I'm sensitive to coloring between the lines, and want to make sure I don't step out. Thanks for clarifying.

There is one thing. If you do c&p a Tweet, make sure if there's a link in the Tweet, it doesn't go to a dead end page looking to have you subscribe, with no other info on it. That Montero Tweet had one of those, as do a lot of the c&p Tweets posted here. I usually catch them so it's no big deal but just if you think about it ...

Understood.  I don't see a link on the Tweet I pasted, but perhaps I just didn't lift the link, as I seem to recall clicking on one and going to a pay site, now that you mention it.  Again, thanks for the info.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

very good, 3B. I'm sensitive to coloring between the lines, and want to make sure I don't step out. Thanks for clarifying.

There is one thing. If you do c&p a Tweet, make sure if there's a link in the Tweet, it doesn't go to a dead end page looking to have you subscribe, with no other info on it. That Montero Tweet had one of those, as do a lot of the c&p Tweets posted here. I usually catch them so it's no big deal but just if you think about it ...

Understood.  I don't see a link on the Tweet I pasted, but perhaps I just didn't lift the link, as I seem to recall clicking on one and going to a pay site, now that you mention it.  Again, thanks for the info.

Already removed it.  ;)

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Already removed it.  ;)

Stealth...and making me think I was losing my mind.  Two birds...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Montero is a guy that could make our squad electric from the jump. I AM beginning to worry about the lack of size on our squad though.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I posted on the main board recently that the Dominican WC team is on campus practicing.

Apparently, Luis Montero was invited to practice with them. He is currently a member the Dominican Centrobasketball team which is also competing this summer.

aca614e41b997a694cc4f5a306a34640_reasona

Tweets Following Followers 15.4K 636 6,691

Cancha Entera @CanchaEntera

Programa de radio solo para fiebruses del basket. Todos los días de 3 a 4 pm por ESPN Radio 104.5 FM y La Súper 103.1 FM (Zona Cibao)

Santo Domingo, R.D. · about.me/canchaentera

Cancha Entera â€@CanchaEntera  · Jul 28 
"Luis Montero y Angel Luis serán invitados a practicar con el equipo que va al mundial en Tampa con el coach Antigua" Eduardo Najri.

Google translation:

Full CourtCanchaEntera · July 28
"Luis Angel Luis Montero and be invited to practice with the team going to the World Cup in Tampa with former coach Antigua" Eduardo Najri.

• 2 weeks later...

Original article in Spanish. This is the google translation:

Luis David Montero visit several universities in the NCAA.

17:23 17:23
Jordan Olivo Jordan Olivo

Dominican basketball
The Dominican Luis David Montero, who just days ago was cut from the National Pre-Selection Dominican adopt its schedule of visits in the coming weeks. The information disseminated journalist Adam Zagoria Wednesday.

The versatile 6-foot-8, playing at Westchester Community College in New York (2-year program), will start college visits as of August 20.

Montero is considering Alabama, Southern California, West Virginia, Southern Methodist, South Florida and Arizona, among others, said Tyrone Mushatt, leader of Westchester SNY.tv.

"Luis will be making six visits before making a decision" Mushatt said.

Luis David, better known as Pinguilin Dominican Republic, last year averaged 15.6 points, 5.9 rebounds and 3.0 assists.

Montero has been invited by the Dominican National Team to be part of the camp that will be taking place in Tampa under orders from Orlando Antigua-looking Spain World 2014 is precisely Former leader of South Florida University, one of the that you plan to visit the Dominican.

His impressive talent

Despite being cut off from the Dominican National Pre-Selection will play in the Centrobasket, Montero caused lasting impression on both the coaching staff and the players and the fans, so much so that in the final tuneup last Friday NBA Francisco Garcia expressed "Pinguilin will be NBA, hey I told him" pointing to the engineer Rafael Uribe, President of the Dominican Basketball Federation.

And is that David Montero Luis rode a real show in the blanks with dunks, three-pointers and feet moves that put the public which gathered in the club Mauricio Báez. In total he scored 20 points.

By Jordan Olivo - basketdominicano.com

Posted by Jordan Olivo at 17:23

http://translate.google.com.hk/translate?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://www.basketdominicano.info/2014/07/luis-david-montero-visitara-varias.html%3Futm_medium%3Dtwitter%26utm_source%3DFeedPress

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Does that say Coach O cut him?

Does that mean we have no chance now?

I really want this guy.

Does that say Coach O cut him?

Does that mean we have no chance now?

I really want this guy.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that will be a factor in his decision.

• 2 weeks later...

WCC’s Montero A Marked Man During Summer Sweepstakes

by Zach • August 24, 2014

When Dominican wunderkind Luis Montero arrived at Westchester Community College, head coach Tyrone Mushatt gave the versatile 6-foot-9 guard as big a green light as any player he’s had.

Employing an offense akin to the Triangle, Mushatt added a wrinkle that enabled his top three scorers to operate on one side of the rim.

This entailed Quinnipiac-commit Gio McLean to subscribe to more of a facilitating role.

The adjustment catapulted him to the upper percentile of the nation’s assist leaders on the JUCO circuit.

Hunting for his shot less and creating more, McLean located Montero off the ball and fed 6-foot-8 St. John’s-signee Keith Thomas in the post.

Montero lived up to his heavy billing, erupting for 31 points during a thorough 113-86 thrashing of Rockland Community College back on Feb. 11.

He piled up 58 points during the final three games, helping the Vikes to a 28-4 record and a berth in the JUCO national tournament for the first time since 1996.

Montero dropped 19 points during the Vikes OT loss to Wallace State in the national tournament, earning an uptick in interest from the army of high-major coaches in the building.

“He changed us completely when he arrived this season,†Mushatt

explained.

“We were good. He made us great. Everyone wants a guy similar to Luis’ style because he can play like a guard. He’s a better defender than people think.â€

Now he’s a more heavily hounded recruit than people envisioned.

The pursuit has mounted since the season culminated.

Alabama has been there from the very start.

West Virginia has been calling the coaching staff at a furious and frantic pace.

Mountaineers assistant coach Larry Harrison is busting out every

recruiting tool in the shed.

St. John’s, which recently penned Thomas, is also going guns-a-blazing to draw a recruit who has earned the fanfare of Felipe Lopez and Luis Flores in the Dominican Republic.

Alabama and St. John’s staff are both flanked by a pair of fervent fan bases.

Active in all fields of the off-season recruiting scene, St. John’s and Alabama certainly are not shy about how much they want Montero.

West Virginia, Alabama, St. John’s, Southern Mississippi, Mississipi State, and South Florida are expressing the most consistent love in Montero, according to Mushatt.

The rising sophomore has no clear favorite in sight.

South Florida coach Orlando Antigua, who like Mushatt played under Gary DeCesare at Bronx power St. Raymond’s, is another potential suitor.

Antigua, who has sustained his friendship with Mushatt the past 20 years, was a finalist for the 23-year-old Thomas.

Thomas, who averaged 15.3 points, a JUCO-best 15.7 boards, and shot a scalding 65.4 percent from the field, chose SJU for its proximity and the opportunity to enhance the front court, a jarringly urgent gap for the Johnnies following the 2013-14 campaign.

The triumvirate of Thomas, McLean, and Montero put Westchester back into the realm of basketball relevance.

They hadn’t witnessed this type of national visibility since

2008-09, when led by former 6-foot-11 center Jarrid Famous (South Florida).

“I think learning how to play with each other was key,†said McLean, who averaged 16.8 points,7.3 assists (third in NJCAA) and five boards, including a 34-point game on 13-of-20 FG during an OT loss to Wallace State during the national tournament.

“Sometimes you are going to have arguments and bumps and bruises down the road. We kept that to a minimum. The chemistry allowed us to play the way we did.â€

Ferocious and acrobatic finishing, prodigious handle, and an innate scoring engine will surely render Montero the focal point of countless scouting reports in 2014-15.

Mushatt said he’s toyed with the idea of having Montero run the point.

Ultimately, he doesn’t want to sap any life out of his scoring.

That’s the issue a recruit of Montero’s caliber creates, he can wear multiple jerseys.

Montero doesn’t get too enamored with one area. He’s also become more adept with his left hand.

A late growth spurt has helped bolster Montero’s stock, as he went from 6-foot-7 to 6-9 while already shouldering the identity of a crafty, flashy guard.

“He thinks he’s 6-feet,†Mushatt deadpanned.

http://www.indiansinsider.com/2014/08/24/wccs-montero-a-marked-man-during-summer-sweepstakes/

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Good read; thanks Mama.