• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 Luis Montero - former #1 player in the Dominican

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This kid I REALLY want.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Agreed, we may have an extra schollie to roll into next years recruiting class if we don't land Murphy as well. Could make for an explosive 2015 class

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Looks like we got him?

Retweeted by Running the Bulls

Russ Wood â€@RussHoops ·1 hr

ICYMI earlier, 2015 Westchester C.C. G/F Luis Montero (@luis_montero10) commits to #USF

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Looks like we got him?

ICYMI earlier, 2015 Westchester C.C. G/F Luis Montero (@luis_montero10) commits to #USF

Did they delete the tweet? I'm not seeing it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Looks like we got him?

An apparent communication breakdown between him and his source .... and yes, what I'm posting below is premium material but when neither Wood nor RTB deem it necessary to correct the error via the same vehicle they announced it, other than just delete, I don't think there's a problem posting it.

Luis Montero update

Following my post of earlier this morning, my source has informed me that Montero hasn't officially committed to USF yet but based on what he knows, my source expects that will happen. 

I apologize for the confusion, but when you get a text that reads "Luis Montero to USF", from a source with an excellent track record, and there is no indication that I'm not supposed to publicize that; I then try to get the information to you as quickly as possible.

So again, I apologize for this situation. I had a good talk with this source, who also feels badly that he didn't make his text more clear/accurate.

sign0007.r191677.gif

Looks like we got him?

An apparent communication breakdown between him and his source .... and yes, that is premium material but when neither Wood nor RTB deem it necessary to correct the error via the same vehicle they announced it, other than just delete, I don't think there's a problem posting it.

Luis Montero update

Following my post of earlier this morning, my source has informed me that Montero hasn't officially committed to USF yet but based on what he knows, my source expects that will happen. 

I apologize for the confusion, but when you get a text that reads "Luis Montero to USF", from a source with an excellent track record, and there is no indication that I'm not supposed to publicize that; I then try to get the information to you as quickly as possible.

So again, I apologize for this situation. I had a good talk with this source, who also feels badly that he didn't make his text more clear/accurate.

sign0007.r191677.gif

Not to split hairs, but I posted a Tweet...public domain.  If there were details to the Tweet, in a premium link, that's the stuff I wouldn't post (and...I will never pay for "premium content", so no risk to that).

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Makeithappen,makeithappen,makeithappen,makeithappen,makeithappen,makeithappen,makeithappen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fingers-crossed1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks like we got him?

An apparent communication breakdown between him and his source .... and yes, that is premium material but when neither Wood nor RTB deem it necessary to correct the error via the same vehicle they announced it, other than just delete, I don't think there's a problem posting it.

Luis Montero update

sign0007.r191677.gif

Not to split hairs, but I posted a Tweet...public domain.  If there were details to the Tweet, in a premium link, that's the stuff I wouldn't post (and...I will never pay for "premium content", so no risk to that).

There was no problem with what you did whatsoever. Maybe I wasn't clear up there (just edited to hopefully make clearer). My problem was that both Wood and RTB Tweeted that he's committed but then, when it's found not to be entirely accurate, they just remove the Tweets with no explanation to those who had already seen it on Twitter and post a retraction only where you have to pay to see it.

Looks like we got him?

Luis Montero update

sign0007.r191677.gif

There was no problem with what you did whatsoever. Maybe I wasn't clear up there (just edited to hopefully make clearer). My problem was that both Wood and RTB Tweeted that he's committed but then, when it's found not to be entirely accurate, they just remove the Tweets with no explanation to those who had already seen it on Twitter and post a retraction only where you have to pay to see it.

very good, 3B. I'm sensitive to coloring between the lines, and want to make sure I don't step out. Thanks for clarifying.

very good, 3B. I'm sensitive to coloring between the lines, and want to make sure I don't step out. Thanks for clarifying.

There is one thing. If you do c&p a Tweet, make sure if there's a link in the Tweet, it doesn't go to a dead end page looking to have you subscribe, with no other info on it. That Montero Tweet had one of those, as do a lot of the c&p Tweets posted here. I usually catch them so it's no big deal but just if you think about it ...