• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG/SF Dwayne Bacon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

It's not the kid, it's the rabid fans from other schools. As soon as you pump up some "go USF" tweets to Mr. Bacon, I'd give it about 24hrs before you're slammed by an ignoramus for it and you'll end up in a tweet war with some 49yr old SEC turd over an 18yr old kid.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If he makes his choice because of twitter fan followers and comments, then that's just sad.

I'm sure Coach O is doing his best too bring both him and sanders on board

Yeah, I can't beg kids to come to USF.  I don't like the idea of a bunch of adults escalating the "show him some love" game...doesn't do much to keep the craziness of egocentric high school kid recruiting.

EDIT:  That said, you WILL see a star hs player's Twitter blown up with grown men pleading for high school kids to join their school.  I get that we want good players, but at some point, it's kinda sad & creepy (no offense Bullwinkle).

Haha, I can just see him going, 'ah, none taken," a la Harry Dunn style ... :D

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry, I like winning. It excites me. As a younger adult, I know the feeling when the stands go wild in support of a team, it's players, and their work. I'm sorry yet not sorry for trying to infuse some energy and enthusiasm to the board. I suppose the next time I'm at a game I should cross my legs like a gentleman and sit in quiet serenity during the game, offering up a golfers clap and a "good show my boy" for spectacular play.

I'm not saying be creepy and message him every day of course, but paying a one time "go bulls" seems appropriate

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Sorry, I like winning. It excites me. As a younger adult, I know the feeling when the stands go wild in support of a team, it's players, and their work. I'm sorry yet not sorry for trying to infuse some energy and enthusiasm to the board. I suppose the next time I'm at a game I should cross my legs like a gentleman and sit in quiet serenity during the game, offering up a golfers clap and a "good show my boy" for spectacular play.

I'm not saying be creepy and message him every day of course, but paying a one time "go bulls" seems appropriate

I don't think anyone has dissed the "Go Bulls" to a potential recruit..... 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I was also defending my "show this cat cat some love".

I have committed to showing support for my alma mater with an equivalent fervor akin to UK fans. I love their energy, passion, and support and I believe that (as well as the obvious legacy and history of the program) sets them apart from other programs. I want to bring some of that to USF that's all. All in good spirits

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

I have committed to showing support for my alma mater with an equivalent fervor akin to UK fans. I love their energy, passion, and support and I believe that (as well as the obvious legacy and history of the program) sets them apart from other programs. I want to bring some of that to USF that's all. All in good spirits

No problem. I think we all would be ecstatic if the USF fanbase was 1/10th the size and passion of the UK one. Seeing that you don't have a Twitter account means you've obviously got a level head on your shoulders so keep doing all you can to bring some of that Cat like pride to Bull nation.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm all for being a fan (side note:  our fans at Ray Jay are docile, for the most part...especially the older ones.  I'm late 40s, and make a lot of noise at games, but often get the look).  Cheering is great, and if you see a Bull, shout out.  I'm just saying, Tweeting a 17 year old kid, imploring him to come to USF isn't cool, IMO.

I'm not saying even a simple Tweet is no good, but some of these players yearn for this, and when fans start gushing & begging, it's a little unsettling.

So, please, don't take it to extremes (i.e. you're either rabid or muted, no in between). 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hey man, not an attack on you at all. Im in my late 20's myself and I think a "go bulls" is appropriate anywhere, to anyone, anytime lol.

Some ppl take it too far on twitter, every school has their share of obsessive fans that tweet at recruits constantly, some more than others but I never said you were one of em! Appreciate your passion!

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Point 1.) Our fambase blows...I once saw a fan get kicked out of ray Jay for making noise during third down. Point 2.) Nothing wrong with a go bulls on a Twitter...don't feed the ego sellers though. Kids will come here who feel comfortable with our coaches/situation.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Point 1.) Our fambase blows...I once saw a fan get kicked out of ray Jay for making noise during third down. Point 2.) Nothing wrong with a go bulls on a Twitter...don't feed the ego sellers though. Kids will come here who feel comfortable with our coaches/situation.

Wow...on, point 1.  Hard to believe.  My wife is from WVU, so when she'd attend these games, she remarked how shocked she was at how docile our fans are.  I'd be standing up trying to get the crowd to make noise on 3rd down, and many people looked at me like, "Dude, sit down and watch".  I do think we need to return the frenzy times during the "good years".  In 2007, v WVU, we could hear a thing most of the game.  Losing has shrunk the crowds, and seemingly, the boisterous fans are missing the most.

Hopefully Taggart gets us back on track, the stadium fills up and we fans can make it seems like...a college game experience.  I'm 100% convinced the players feed off that energy...and wilt a bit in its absense.