• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bivins transferring?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

How could a kid want a redshirt from the real football team and then be spotted playing IM football on what is probably a crappy field. . . . . . . while, at the same time, his teammates are getting humiliated on a weekly basis.

I'm cool with this transfer.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

But now the kid is running around on those crappy IM fields? Something isn't right here....

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

But now the kid is running around on those crappy IM fields? Something isn't right here....

W ... T ... F ... ????

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

@TBTimes_Bulls: Coach Taggart said CB Chris Bivins was suspended earlier in year, had to do some things to be reinstated, chose to transfer. #USF

That's a bull **** move by CWT. Chris wanted to take the year to redshirt and fully rehab the knee and the coaches wanted him to play this season. When he opted to red shirt then all of the sudden he was conveniently suspended.

The knee is now fine... some team is about to get a hell of a talent at CB and for the first time since he was hired I'm embarrassed to be a supporter of this program (We donate for now... but this is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth)

What was he suspended for?

Not wanting to push the knee and play after there were some setbacks in fall practice. Basically insubordination.

Is that what Chris told you, or did you get a good look at the medicals and physical evaluations which would have supported Chris not feeling ready to play?  Because what you're saying puts coaching staff in a bad light, saying they were trying to force Chris to play when he was injured ....

That was confirmed from a source other than Chris. I understand what light it paints... part of the reason I'm a bit upset at the moment.

IM is a wee bit slower than speed than D1.... also, all that happened well after he left the program.

• Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

@TBTimes_Bulls: Coach Taggart said CB Chris Bivins was suspended earlier in year, had to do some things to be reinstated, chose to transfer. #USF

That's a bull **** move by CWT. Chris wanted to take the year to redshirt and fully rehab the knee and the coaches wanted him to play this season. When he opted to red shirt then all of the sudden he was conveniently suspended.

The knee is now fine... some team is about to get a hell of a talent at CB and for the first time since he was hired I'm embarrassed to be a supporter of this program (We donate for now... but this is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth)

Not wanting to push the knee and play after there were some setbacks in fall practice. Basically insubordination.

Is that what Chris told you, or did you get a good look at the medicals and physical evaluations which would have supported Chris not feeling ready to play?  Because what you're saying puts coaching staff in a bad light, saying they were trying to force Chris to play when he was injured ....

That was confirmed from a source other than Chris. I understand what light it paints... part of the reason I'm a bit upset at the moment.

Other source was a coach I'm assuming ... ?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  3

Where does he expect to transfer to? 

A member of the staff, yes.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

IM is a wee bit slower than speed than D1.... also, all that happened well after he left the program.

Playing on fields in that poor of condition with a knee he's obviously concerned about just makes no sense. With an ACL he's supposed to be uncomfortable on playing on those fields is risky no matter the speed. The fact that he decided to do that a couple months removed from wanting to redshirt to sure his knee up is pretty **** unwise.

• Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

A member of the staff, yes.

Just so I'm clear, he wasn't medically cleared to play but the coaches wanted to push him on the field and he refused ... and you said he was playing IM well after leaving the program. How long as he been off the team??