• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bivins transferring?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I was a fan of Bivins, I thought and still think he has a ton of untapped potential. He couldn't get out there with the injuries but was good enough to play as a true freshman, or so SH thought. Sad to see him go and wish him the best.

If he's able to stay injury free I believe that he has the skills to play on Sunday's.... sadly he probably won't get the chance. His ability to break on a throw was unreal.... I wish more people had gotten to see it.

Yeah... He told me last week but asked me to keep quiet till the release was granted. Just never meshed with the new staff... That was the main issue.

any idea where he's headed?  If he's not divulging, that's cool.

I hate to see him go, as I had high hopes for him, and he seemed like a good kid.  Everyone has to do what's best for themselves...wish him nothing but success.

He wasn't ready to divulge a destination to me. He's a great kid on and more so off the field and I have a good feeling he'll be successful where ever he goes. He's getting his degree in education so he can teach. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm a little disappointed to not get to see him play as he came here well regarded. I feel bad for him being injured while he was here and never really got an opportunity, while healthy, to be on the field much.

We have a pretty strong group of Freshmen with Robbins, Ward and Godwin then, hopefully a few more highly regarded Freshmen coming in next year.

I don't know how the injuries have affected his ability, but with our young core if DBs, if Bivins isn't getting back to 100% of where he is was then it would be tough to see playing time in the next few years.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i figured he would have been a 3 year starter here. Injuries took that off the table. 

If he can get that knee 100%... I think he'd be in the mix for PT. 

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

he wasn't injured too bad and didn't seem to care about playing, because he was playing IM flag football this year for a while before they realized he was on the team and forced him not to play anymore.

Edited by bullsmeanbusiness

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

he wasn't injured too bad and didn't seem to care about playing I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about, because he was playing IM flag football this year for a while before they realized he was on the team and forced him not to play anymore.

FIFY

While still technically on the roster, Chris hasn't been actively part of the team for some time now. Thanks for playing... 

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Best of luck Chris.  Sorry I did not get to see you play.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@TBTimes_Bulls: Coach Taggart said CB Chris Bivins was suspended earlier in year, had to do some things to be reinstated, chose to transfer. #USF

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

@TBTimes_Bulls: Coach Taggart said CB Chris Bivins was suspended earlier in year, had to do some things to be reinstated, chose to transfer. #USF

he wasn't injured too bad and didn't seem to care about playing I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about, because he was playing IM flag football this year for a while before they realized he was on the team and forced him not to play anymore.

FIFY

While still technically on the roster, Chris hasn't been actively part of the team for some time now. Thanks for playing... 

Maybe he was suspended for the IM playing?  Or maybe he was playing IM because he was suspended?

Either way, we wanted him to come, and he did.  Didn't pan out.  Good luck to the kid.