• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The New, Improved Dumbgeon (Including Random Thoughts from around the site by UCF and UM fans)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

As long as Mike keeps coming back for more, I'll rise to the challenge.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Anyone see that basketball game last night? The A/C broke. Can you imagine having to exert full athletic effort in an indoor facility pushing 90+ degrees? At least LeBron could say no to going in. I've heard of coaches who not only wouldn't take no for an answer, but actually withholding water too!

WTF?

Why did THIS get moved to the Dumbgeon???

Because it's an obvious shot a O'Liar.

515851d1392495806-run-over-own-truck-whi

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The biggest issue I have with what the author of the article posted is "The Bulls ONLY drew 34,000 people per game last season."

Ummmmmmmmm in case you didn't notice we were 2-10 and the best "names" that we played at home were Louisville, which if I recall was at Noon, and Cincy.  If the Bulls are pulling in 34k in ticket sales with an awful team and not really facing any big name opponents then imagine what would happen if we put out a good team and have games against West Virginia, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and even teams like Baylor, TCU, and Kansas.   I hate to admit it but some of those road teams alone like Texas would bring in a potential 20k plus fans.  The Bulls could easily in the Big XII start pulling in 50,000+ per game which would put them right in the middle of the Big XII.    On top of that then The Big XII has a team who plays their home games in a stadium that will be hosting the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.   That's a big deal. 

Personally I'm not really big on building an OCS and am much more into the idea of the Bucs and Bulls pooling their resources together (like the Jets and Giants) and building an amazing state of the art stadium that they can share.    If done correctly the stadium would feel like the home of the Bulls on Saturdays and the home of the Bucs on Sundays, instead of USF just renting the stadium.

They have USF's attendance @ 34k as a weakness

This is after the Holtz error and the WORST season ever starting with a loss to an FCS team

Meanwhile, whey have UCF"s attendance as a strength.  Even though, being their BEST EVER season, coming off a previous decent season, yet couldn't fill up their OCS stadium with an attendance of 42k

Just look back a few seasons when USF had decent, not great seasons and filling up RayJay over 50k

Those numbers were heavily inflated and the mixture of USF/vistor fans in attendance were about equal.

Link?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The biggest issue I have with what the author of the article posted is "The Bulls ONLY drew 34,000 people per game last season."

Ummmmmmmmm in case you didn't notice we were 2-10 and the best "names" that we played at home were Louisville, which if I recall was at Noon, and Cincy.  If the Bulls are pulling in 34k in ticket sales with an awful team and not really facing any big name opponents then imagine what would happen if we put out a good team and have games against West Virginia, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and even teams like Baylor, TCU, and Kansas.   I hate to admit it but some of those road teams alone like Texas would bring in a potential 20k plus fans.  The Bulls could easily in the Big XII start pulling in 50,000+ per game which would put them right in the middle of the Big XII.    On top of that then The Big XII has a team who plays their home games in a stadium that will be hosting the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.   That's a big deal. 

Personally I'm not really big on building an OCS and am much more into the idea of the Bucs and Bulls pooling their resources together (like the Jets and Giants) and building an amazing state of the art stadium that they can share.    If done correctly the stadium would feel like the home of the Bulls on Saturdays and the home of the Bucs on Sundays, instead of USF just renting the stadium.

This is after the Holtz error and the WORST season ever starting with a loss to an FCS team

Meanwhile, whey have UCF"s attendance as a strength.  Even though, being their BEST EVER season, coming off a previous decent season, yet couldn't fill up their OCS stadium with an attendance of 42k

Just look back a few seasons when USF had decent, not great seasons and filling up RayJay over 50k

Those numbers were heavily inflated and the mixture of USF/vistor fans in attendance were about equal.

Link?

How about this linky staring the Tampa Sports Authority:

http://www.voodoofive.com/2014/1/14/5306018/2013-was-the-worst-attended-season-in-the-bcs-era-for-usf-football

Please stop pretending about this topic. Study it. Retain it. Live in the truth.

The 2012 FSU game at Tampa may have been 4 FSU fans to every 1 usf fan.

LOL.. Typical UCF'er logic

They post attendance figures of UCF, which are ANNOUNCED attendance but always when someone posts the same info on USF, UCF trolls come back with links to ACTUAL attendance, yet conveniently skip the small tidbit of posting or providing the same information on UCF.  Most (virtually all) teams post announced attendance information.

Care to provide the same info about UCF Mike?

Link?

http://www.voodoofive.com/2014/1/14/5306018/2013-was-the-worst-attended-season-in-the-bcs-era-for-usf-football

Please stop pretending about this topic. Study it. Retain it. Live in the truth.

Awesome link, that just proves this point dogma made:

Say what you will about 2013, but it was our worst season ever.  As your V5 link also states, every team inflates the numbers.  And no one has ever denied the 2012 FSU game was heavier on FSU fans than USF fans.  I didn't need to see numbers to figure that out, it was pretty obvious from the telecast I watched.  Great job of picking out one obvious game to support your moronic assertion.

So a nice big fat round of applause to you for confirming to us what we already knew:  we have never had as good a season as you have (with a better outcome) yet in our years where we had some pretty good success on the field (admittedly not sustained), we averaged more than you did in your best season.

Was there anything else you wished to bring up to discuss? 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

a53.jpg?w=500&h=375

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550

Link?

LOL.. Typical UCF'er logic

They post attendance figures of UCF, which are ANNOUNCED attendance but always when someone posts the same info on USF, UCF trolls come back with links to ACTUAL attendance, yet conveniently skip the small tidbit of posting or providing the same information on UCF.  Most (virtually all) teams post announced attendance information.

Care to provide the same info about UCF Mike?

You can provide for UCF.

And with that you've proven my point.

Typical UCF'er apple-to-orange comparison logic. 

You brought up one set of numbers in an attempt argue a point, but failed to provide comparable information to actually satisfy/back-up the argument.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Link?

Awesome link, that just proves this point dogma made:

Say what you will about 2013, but it was our worst season ever.  As your V5 link also states, every team inflates the numbers.  And no one has ever denied the 2012 FSU game was heavier on FSU fans than USF fans.  I didn't need to see numbers to figure that out, it was pretty obvious from the telecast I watched.  Great job of picking out one obvious game to support your moronic assertion.

So a nice big fat round of applause to you for confirming to us what we already knew:  we have never had as good a season as you have (with a better outcome) yet in our years where we had some pretty good success on the field (admittedly not sustained), we averaged more than you did in your best season.

Was there anything else you wished to bring up to discuss? 

Yes there is. First your attendnace was a complete farce. Second, UCF had to host UAB, Rice, UTEP, Tulane, etc. USF at least had WVU, Louisville, FSU, Pitt, etc regularly. But now that the shoes are on the same feet, it has become obviously clear who the more dominant fan base/team is. UCF got only one chance to sit at the big boys table and seized the moment. You cannot say the same.

You obviously don't know what the word "farce" means.  From the link:

2007 44,716 53,170 84.10% 2008 37,625 49,690 75.72% 2009 41,378 52,553

78.74%

The only thing that was truly farcical was 2013, as the V5 article suggested.

Please show some similar numbers for UCF so we can compare, otherwise, as usual, I could give two pieces of fecal matter about what you think or say. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

:facepalm:

I have already provided you with the USF data and the common home slate for the two teams. It has become obvious you can't accept the truth.

Living in denial? 

:lmao:

I'll stop wasting my precious day on you now ...