• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bruno Reagan, DT/OL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Nothing like our fans arguing about why a prospect shouldn't come here.  Let's see how unattractive we can really make ourselves on here and then feel vindicated when a good player doesn't sign.

"I was about to sign with USF, till I read some of the debates on TBP"---said no recruit, ever

No kidding... but you know that the same schtick is used by other "big" school in competition with us.  My point is this... why should we add credence by agreeing?

I don't think conceding that Vandy is an excellent school and agreeing that staying home could be appealing is giving ammo to other schools.  The proximity to home could go either way (see Travis Johnson last year, who seemed to just want to get out of the state...good for those guys).

Not looking to spar...just sharing opinions.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Nothing like our fans arguing about why a prospect shouldn't come here.  Let's see how unattractive we can really make ourselves on here and then feel vindicated when a good player doesn't sign.

"I was about to sign with USF, till I read some of the debates on TBP"---said no recruit, ever

No kidding... but you know that the same schtick is used by other "big" school in competition with us.  My point is this... why should we add credence by agreeing?

I don't think conceding that Vandy is an excellent school and agreeing that staying home could be appealing is giving ammo to other schools.  The proximity to home could go either way (see Travis Johnson last year, who seemed to just want to get out of the state...good for those guys).

I may be mistaken but I think what RTB was referring to was comments like this: "No...we ARE the door mat, and have been in the bottom half of the BE/AAC all along." rather than the praising of Vandy ... 

I may be mistaken but I think what RTB was referring to was comments like this: "No...we ARE the door mat, and have been in the bottom half of the BE/AAC all along." rather than the praising of Vandy ... 

Fair point.  But I was referring to not knocking Vandy for being doormats in the SEC, when we're not exactly owning the slightly weaker AAC.

Again, I'm sure these recruits are smart enough to weigh pros & cons, but I also take your point on another thread that we should put on our dress blues for the final week before NSD.

And now...off to the Off Topic Thread.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

This thread got so all over the place in a hurry that I haven't even tried ... It would be down to like 2 pages.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

From his Twitter he is heading to vandy today. Can't link from this phone. Yes I know that makes the info invalid. :)

From his Twitter he is heading to vandy today. Can't link from this phone. Yes I know that makes the info invalid. :)

For the tip in basket

https://twitter.com/BrunoReagan

Brulon Reaganâ„¢ â€@BrunoReagan Jan 29 Lol Jordan Rogers. I understand your frustration but man you couldn't talk to somebody about it instead of going of twitter lol...

Jupiter with the follow in

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

This kid's a goner.

"It's really about trying to work up a relationship with the coaches in a short amount of time," he said. "I love everything about the university, but I'm excited to see what the coaches say, learn their style of football and see what they're about. I don't know anything about the coaches except for (offensive line coach Keven) Lightner. I'll see how I fit in. Being 40 minutes and 13 hours away is a big difference, too.

"I'm going to decide as soon as I know what I want, as soon as possible. It could be anywhere from the very first day (of the visit) to the last day to signing day."

Reagan said he isn't the least bit bothered by all of the departures from Vanderbilt's recruiting class.

"This weekend is going to be where we see most of our commitments," Reagan said. "It will definitely be a very exciting weekend for Vanderbilt football. They could have five to 10 and it would really fill up. All it takes is one, and then the momentum starts rolling."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2014/01/31/vanderbilt-football-recruiting-james-franklin-penn-state/5082119/

Emphasis mine...

I believe you. Goner. Just my opinion not based on any facts