• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jocqui Ellison WR St.Pete FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

None of the four main sites (247, Rivals, ESPN, and Scout) currently him rated. But BCP currently has him rated as the #67th best prospect in Tampa.

http://bigcountypreps.com/181/2013-winter-fire-79/

He is right behind three star recruits K.Gant and Oruwariye, who we are also recruiting very hard.

He is also ranked by BCP as the #1 Slot Reciever in the area:

Slot Receiver     Rank Name School Class 1 Jocqui Ellison Lakewood 2014 2 Talvin Bailey Armwood 2014 3 Brandon Robinson Alonso 2014 4 Malik Johns Pasco 2014 5 Reggie Campbell Largo 2015 6 Kaylaun Edwards Armwood 2015 7 Sammie Jackson Lake Gibson 2015 8 Codaryl Pandolfo Ridge Community 2014 9 Josh Hyde Strawberry Crest 2014 10 Trevor Laurent Armwood 2016

http://bigcountypreps.com/181/rankings/football-position-rankings/

Edited by KevinUSF00

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

He's kind of a small dude, so he will probably occupy a role similar to the one that Lindsey Lamar had while he played WR.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I don't think it's a factor of the rating sites not liking him much. They simply don't rank players until they have evaluated them live or looked at thier tape. I would imagine that once he plays in the upcoming 7 on 7 tournament next week, the sites will take notice of him. Partucularily if he has already committed to USF. I wouldn't be suprised to see him just moved into a  star ranking as early as next Friday. And if you look on the Hudl site, there is a 6 minute video of him on game film, plus game film from 5 of his other games.

I think some services have him as a two-star player which means they have indeed evaluated him they just didn't like him much.

It's a factor. They don't do all that work evaluating players for nothin. Doesn't mean they always have it right though.

Or they just look at what school he is gonna go to and assign some random number of stars.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Or they just look at what school he is gonna go to and assign some random number of stars.

Don't really see any basis for that claims. The accusation reminds me of the fact that you can go to a fan board for every single team of every single sport and find a certain percentage of people that are convinced the media hates their team.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Don't really see any basis for that claims. The accusation reminds me of the fact that you can go to a fan board for every single team of every single sport and find a certain percentage of people that are convinced the media hates their team.

You haven't been paying attention if you haven't seen school by school bias in rankings. Take for example 2 4 star recent USF recruits who were downgraded the same day they committed. Fact. Even the local gossip board guys who worked for those sites complained that they had no control over it, that it came from the corporate ranking system. I watch this stuff assiduously, believe me, there is plenty of evidence.

Edited by Bullwinkle
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Thus, star ratings...team tolals..based on stars,average star per recruit,  is worthless. Could not agree more. Sad though.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  58
  • Days Won:  0

These star rankings are a joke....this kid is a player. period!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

There is definitely anecdotal evidence to suggest this happens, and, when you think about it, it makes sense. These sites are driven by subscriber payments. If you have a large subscriber base you want to make them happy. How do you do that? Well, one way is to over-evaluate some of the kids they are bringing in. If USF fans had a choice between two recruiting services and one was constantly lauding our recruits and giving them higher rankings, I would imagine most casual fans would choose that service over the one that was being completely objective.  

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

@Mike_RTB: Jocqui Ellison informed me he is not committing today. @USFBulls_Rivals