• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If we lose to Temple.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I would love to say that there's no way possible we're losing to Temple, but after Ball State, I guess anything is possible.

However, I have to realistically think that Holtz is starting to feel the slightly warm seat beneath him now, and know that they really need to get this train back on the tracks. I hate to say it, but with THIS team, at THIS time, THIS game really is a must win. If this team and coaching staff learned anything from Ball State, they best come out in this game and put the boot on the throat as soon as they can.

A loss to Temple to me would signal that Holtz and staff has lost this team. He won't be fired mid-season, for nearly any reason, but a loss this weekend I think would come very close to sealing his fate this offseason.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

Well... you already lost to one MAC school on the road... what's another such loss... *shrugs* :unsure::trainwreck:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Well... you already lost to one MAC school on the road... what's another such loss... *shrugs* :unsure::trainwreck:

LOL - I guess it finally caught up to us after we made fun of Rutgers for losing teams like Tulane, Navy, Fresno, etc.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

We're probably losing...this teams going 3-9 this year. Maybe 4-8? Guys we are really bad.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/daniels-still-limited-ankle-holtz-confident

Daniels still limited by ankle, but Holtz confident

Facebook

Email

USF quarterback B.J. Daniels did not take any snaps in Wednesday's practice, and Bulls coaches said they want to rest his injured ankle to put him in best shape to play in Saturday's Big East game at Temple.

"He's cleared to go, but we keep trying to pull him back a little bit," coach Skip Holtz said. "I want him to be as close to 100 percent as we can, so I'm trying to get him what he needs during the course of the day and then get him out of there. ... I'm going under the assumption that he plays."

Redshirt freshman Matt Floyd, Daniels' top backup, got most of the repetitions Wednesday -- he has only pass attempts in limited action this season.

FORTE COULD START: USF has primarily used a three-man rotation at defensive end, with Ryne Giddins and Tevin Mims starting all five games, but junior Julius Forte has worked with the first-team defense the last two days ahead of Giddins and could start Saturday.

"(He) might be. We feel like we have three defensive ends, and we've been playing them all," Holtz said.

The three ends still have only 1.5 tackles for loss each, and Giddins hasn't had any since the opening possession of the season; asked why Giddins' production is down, Holtz pointed to offenses throwing the ball quickly and utilizing maximum-protection schemes, but he's not sure why more plays haven't been made.

"That's the million-dollar question," Holtz said. "He's one of our leading sack guys (from last year) ... he's not getting very many one-on-ones. He's fighting through a whole lot more double-teams, and the quarterback's getting rid of the ball quicker. Some of it is probably a little bit of frustration, some of it has been about what we're getting."

MORE INJURIES: Defensive tackle Cory Grissom had to leave practice early Wednesday due to problems relating an eye injury Holtz said he suffered in the FSU game with some of kind of scratch. ... Linebackers Reshard Cliett (hamstring) and Tashon Whitehurst (knee) did not practice Wednesday and are "starting to get on the doubtful side" for Saturday, Holtz said. ...

Posted by Greg Auman at 4:06:26 pm on October 03, 2012 in

| Permalink | Comments (2)

Important.png

Important

Inspiring.png

Inspiring

Sad.png

Sad

Angry.png

Angry

LOL.png

LOL

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

And so it begins.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I think you have a little too much confidence coming in here with your sarcastic comments. A 4-0 record is impressive, until you look at who you played this year...impressive you beat Tulane, Howard, USF (we all know how terrible we are this year), and an awful Arkansas team that lost to ULM (who is that :)).

Go troll on some other site.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

This isn't your Daddy's Temple Owls anymore guys. This team has constantly won the last couple of years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Please win this game. I'm heading to Louisville in a couple weeks and a loss of this game would cast a serious pall over that game for me, and probably the fans and team too.

We'll be there as well. But L'ville is in Bourbon country. We'll make the best of things.