• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Robert Davis falling in love with USF, waiting to be loved back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

I seem to remember some fast guy named Hayes a few years back.

Assuming you mean Michael Hayes the running back, the new staff had some (academic?) issue with him and he ended up at Houston. He had a decent career there.

i believe some of his classes wouldn't transfer from JC to here but I believe houston accepted those classes.

looks like he ended up signing w/ San Diego as a free agent

http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/Michael-Hayes/2d50e312-9408-4862-a4d6-0dce99fbcab3

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I thinking the reason Davis and TJ Johnson are waiting is that we have a shot at DJ Reid and Tarean Folston. If we don't get either of them some slots will open up for RB's

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Some updates based on things I've found.

1. Memphis, Cincinnati, Michigan and Purdue have some interest in him. Miami has also been keeping tabs on him.

2. He will be at camp with Cincinnati tomorrow. He plans on attending camps with Georgia and Memphis before he wraps up his camp schedule.

3. He attended a Georgia Tech camp where he ran a 4.37, but they couldn't offer him because they already had two tailbacks commit. He thought they were high on him but their hands were tied.

4. "I’ve been to a couple of USF camps this summer. I went to their one-day and the ‘Super Bull’ camps. I felt like I performed extremely well and the coaches told me that they will keep in touch, and that I’m a hometown kid and they would like to see me stay home. I think USF is close to offering me."

5. He has a 3.7 GPA (sounds unweighted) and takes all IP courses.

6. His best 100 meters is a 10.8 and his best 200 meters is a 21.7.

7. He ran a 4.28 at an Atlanta combine, which was a hand-held time but verified on 4 different stopwatches. His second 40 yard dash that day was a 4.35. He had a 31 inch vertical, which includes a standing reach of 7'4" and a jumping reach of 9'11". He did 14 bench reps at 185 lbs. All this was at 5'7" and 163 lbs.

8. In the past he's talked about how special his first offer (FIU) was and how close he is with coach Apollo Wright. He seems open to going away from home for school and he's not really going to be impressed by new locker rooms or fancy gyms. What's important to him is for him to feel like he's walking into a good family.

9. Has offers on the table from Florida International, North Texas, Ball State, Bowling Green, Middle Tennessee State, Holy Cross, Florida Atlantic and Presbyterian.

10. He'll narrow his choices down at the start of the season and then make a commitment over the holidays.

Video interview:

http://baynews9.com/...ord, recruiting

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Thanks for the update.

Wait, apparently the 4.28 wasn't just an Atlanta record...it was an National Underclassmen (NUC) record. The previous record was held by South Carolina WR Demiere Byrd. The four stopwatches that recorded his NUC record 40 yard dash read: 4.30, 4.29, 4.29 and 4.28.

In addition to winning the Fastest Man award, he also won the Leadership Award at the SouthEast Ultimate100 held in College Park, Georgia...300 total participants.

NUC updated their Florida prospect rankings and put Robert Davis as the #46 prospect in the state...ahead of both Tarean Folston and JoJo Kemp.

Robert Davis, RB, Carrollwood Day, FL (2013)

Testing: 5-7, 163, 4.29 40 (NUC Record), 31-inch vertical, 14x185-pounds

Assets: Davis broke the NUC 40-yard dash record held by South Carolina receiver Damiere Byrd. Four stopwatches tracked his record breaking dash reading 4.30, 4.29, 4.29, and 4.28 as he crossed the finish line. But it's not just his speed that stood out his ability to change directions and catch the ball with his hands are superior to most backs. Davis has everything a college coach could want in an all-purpose back. On top of all the physical skills he possesses Davis is a leader and a high character student-athlete. He walked away from this camp with the Fastest Man Award and Leadership Award.

Development: His ideal playing weight at the next level is probably 175-pounds. If he can add this muscle mass onto his already shredded physique it should help with yards after contact. It's hard to believe that his biggest offers at this point in time are Ball State, Bowling Green, FAU, FIU, and MTSU. I usually don't bandy around comparisons to Warrick Dunn but it fits in this case.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423

What do we want in our running game a power back and scatback or two like demps and raney

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

What do we want in our running game a power back and scatback or two like demps and raney

I think this staff would like a power back and a third down/change of pace back. Of course if emmit smith shows up you play him every down.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just give me another Herschel Walker and 5 awesome Big Uglies.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

Davis rec'd an offer from Cinci today...

Davis rec'd an offer from Cinci today...

Would be a nice replacement for Isaiah Pead.

I really like this RB Collier that USF is trying to pull away from Miami, but if Robert Davis would be easily wooed away from Cincy just by offering him, I think USF should do it. That's just me.