• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cameron Fraser OL Central High Phenix City, AL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm sure the staff is on top of this and if there comes a fish or cut bait time, they'll react accordingly .... The kid's not getting very good advice from those closest to him. Honesty is not always the best policy.

This, when/if another recruit they like as much decides to commit they'll tell Mr Fraser there is no longer an offer. Until then, the kid likes USF and may not get a better offer himself so the dance continues.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Well, at least among his 15 offers so far he has chosen us. I honestly don't see the carrot on the end of the stick that many of these players do. It appears they have this idea that the SEC will yield an NFL contract by default and that just isn't the case. I can understand however choosing one of the top SEC schools for the likely hood of competing for a national championship, I would agree it is higher at one of the top two SEC schools, but aside from that your chances are as good at many other schools in the other established conferences. Look what Oky State did last year for example, they came very close and performed a lot better than most of the SEC in a very difficult BigXII conference. Every player wants to maximize their success by making the best choice on NSD and the SEC for some reason seems to have these kids thinking SEC = maximum future success. I can understand that receiving offers from SEC schools may be considered the highest accomplishment possible for a high school player, but that doesn't neccessitate attending an SEC school, and attending an SEC school doesn't guarantee a maximally successful college or future NFL career. I think the opportunity to play in the SEC should be viewed more as reflection of a successful high school career than as some sort of miracle conference that increases the likelihood of future success. Schools should be chosen as a whole package in terms of the coaching staff, the needs of the team, education, atmosphere, location and just overal chemistry. That said the SEC has many schools that can be a great choice for those reasons but I think the conference affiliation is way too high on the importance list for some of these recruits. My belief is that it is mostly an ego driven priority, to be able to say "I play(ed) in the SEC." means they have made it, at least in this point in their life, but moving into the future that mere fact alone is meaningless for the most part. It's like owning a Ferrari, in some ways, a statement that one is accomplished, but really owning a Ferrari instead of a civic or even let's say a lesser sports car like a BMW M3 doesn't make you automatically more successful (except maybe on the race track... Does my analogy break down here? I hope you understand what I mean in terms of an ego driven expression of accomplishment however).

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Anymore it doesn't matter what college you go to...if you can play, the NFL scouts will know...hell Bethune Cookman had a kid drafted first round a few years ago...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  312
  • Days Won:  0

Anymore it doesn't matter what college you go to...if you can play, the NFL scouts will know...hell Bethune Cookman had a kid drafted first round a few years ago...

You'll never be the #1 pick coming out of Bethune

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Joe Flacco is really hurting from his time at U Delaware

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

\

Alcorn State anyone ??

\

Alcorn State anyone ??

Air McNair, #3 overall

Joe Flacco from Delaware was #18

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,667
  • Days Won:  108

Moorehead State first rounder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Simms

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,435
  • Days Won:  422

Apparently you've never heard of "The Tooz" ....

Apparently you've never heard of "The Tooz" ....

#1 draft pick out of University of Tampa.

Talk about wild!

Edited by Bull Martin