• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 The_Sheriff

The_Sheriff

5th Year Senior

• 7,430 posts
  • Joined Dec 24, 2001

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

USF Baseball - Awarding mediocrity for 10 years straight (but at least we have a nice stadium now to get whupped on while we play).

#22 SRQ

SRQ

Junior Phenom

• 4,887 posts
  • Joined Apr 13, 2006
  • Locationsarasota

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

I will be extremely disappointed if Bulls don't make NCAA field next year or make a coaching change. This status quo has to end.

"If you are an atheist, at least have the guts to admit that your life is worthless in the end." - Tim Keller  http://www.redeemer....dex.html?aid=89

#23 Mama_Bull

Mama_Bull

Heisman Candidate

• Golden Brahman
  • 13,737 posts
  • Joined Oct 13, 2003
  • LocationTampa

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

We need to play a much tougher schedule, in order to give us a realistic chance to earn an at large bid. That's how UL was able to get an invite. We had enough wins to earn a bid, but they weren't of sufficient quality. When we were playing in C-USA there were enough quality teams in the conference to assure a good SOS. I think one year we were only about four games over .500 and got an invite, because of our tough schedule.
Posted Image

You've got to Bullieve!!!!!!!!

#24 bulls phanatic

bulls phanatic

Redshirt Freshman

• 1,284 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2010

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

Hopefully our strength of schedule is better next year, but if we don't have the same caliber pitchers as say Barbosa than it might not matter. Hopefully we can build off this season and be just as good if not better next season.

#25 SattyBull

SattyBull

Redshirt Freshman

• 1,382 posts
  • Joined Oct 08, 2007
  • LocationTallahassee

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hey we'd be a 2 seed in the non existent NIT. Time to pop some bottles!!!!

http://sebaseball.ri...asp?CID=1370631

#26 Mission9

Mission9

Super Sophomore

• 3,084 posts
  • Joined Dec 09, 2003

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

Sad state of affairs continue on the diamond.

This should be our "gimme" sport.

Brad via BullPhone

Man, you sound like smazza!
alles scheixxx

#27 DELdaBull

DELdaBull

Heisman Candidate

• 10,220 posts
  • Joined Sep 14, 2005
  • LocationLithia, FL

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

If USF could keep the best in the adjacent counties we would be a power in
Baseball
Softball
Track and Field
Tennis
Golf
Football
Swimming
Etc.

But we can't get enough of the greats to stay.
You know you want some too!

#28 ETA_for_life

ETA_for_life

Scout

• 253 posts
  • Joined Apr 15, 2012
  • LocationUp and down I4

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Disappointing, but not surprising. Of course, thinking that means we're criticizing these kids and living vicariously through them. :rolleyes:

Edited by ETA_for_life, 31 May 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#29 Mama_Bull

Mama_Bull

Heisman Candidate

• Golden Brahman
  • 13,737 posts
  • Joined Oct 13, 2003
  • LocationTampa

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

We do lose Barbosa and Stultz. Both will be missed. But the next in line will be Matt Reed (who almost never disappoints), Nick Gonzales (who shut down UConn in the tourney), and Joey Lovecchio (who posted 7 or 8 wins this year). We'll be OK. Plus we'll find a few others and have a few redshirts in place. The key is finding some hitters. We are in need of both right handed and left handed power hitters. This is where the focus should be.

This hurts:

Greg Auman@gregauman
USF baseball at risk of losing a key signee as Jacksonville two-way standout Walker Lockett (6-5 RHP) drafted in fourth round by Padres.
Posted Image

#30 Mama_Bull

Mama_Bull

Heisman Candidate

• Golden Brahman
  • 13,737 posts
  • Joined Oct 13, 2003
  • LocationTampa

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

We do lose Barbosa and Stultz. Both will be missed. But the next in line will be Matt Reed (who almost never disappoints), Nick Gonzales (who shut down UConn in the tourney), and Joey Lovecchio (who posted 7 or 8 wins this year). We'll be OK. Plus we'll find a few others and have a few redshirts in place. The key is finding some hitters. We are in need of both right handed and left handed power hitters. This is where the focus should be.

This hurts:

Greg Auman@gregauman
USF baseball at risk of losing a key signee as Jacksonville two-way standout Walker Lockett (6-5 RHP) drafted in fourth round by Padres.

He's taking the money.

http://www.tampabay....afted-4th-round
Posted Image

#31 charsibb

charsibb

Gonna Play on Sundays

• 21,019 posts
  • Joined Aug 30, 2011
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Bye Bye Lockett

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. ... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like ... tears in rain. ... Time to die.

Roy Batty, Blade Runner

#32 SattyBull

SattyBull

Redshirt Freshman

• 1,382 posts
  • Joined Oct 08, 2007
  • LocationTallahassee

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

He's a smart kid.

#33 Paisa el Toro

Paisa el Toro

5th Year Senior

• 6,531 posts
  • Joined Aug 10, 2003

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Add fellow signee Borders to the list of Lelo's kids getting drafted out of high school. I don't follow other schools in college baseball as much as I do USF, but do the South Carolinas, UF's, and Rice's of the baseball landscape have their signing classes as decimated by the MLB draft as we seem to be on a year-in-year-out basis?
"First, they ignore you.
Then, they laugh at you.
Then, they fight you.
Then, you win."

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

#34 South_Florida_Flip

South_Florida_Flip

Heisman Candidate

• 10,379 posts
  • Joined May 13, 2005
  • LocationTampa

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Add fellow signee Borders to the list of Lelo's kids getting drafted out of high school. I don't follow other schools in college baseball as much as I do USF, but do the South Carolinas, UF's, and Rice's of the baseball landscape have their signing classes as decimated by the MLB draft as we seem to be on a year-in-year-out basis?

I think you'd have to figure most of the top programs are losing multiple signess to the MLB draft every year.

#35 SattyBull

SattyBull

Redshirt Freshman

• 1,382 posts
  • Joined Oct 08, 2007
  • LocationTallahassee

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

The amount of prospects that those schools lose will shock you...

This year alone Miami had 5 signees taken in the first round (including compensation round). Florida had 6 signees taken in the first 104 picks. Thats not even counting the underclassmen such as Brian Johnson and Mike Zunino that will be leaving school early due to be taken in the first round. I know there are others too, but I don't feel like going back and looking right now.

So no, the fact we had a couple signees taken in the draft is not an adequate excuse, despite what some on our board may believe.