• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DeMarcus Holland decommitted???

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

There are threads all over the internet that is saying that Holland is either decommitted or seriously thinking about decommitting. Texas has offered a scholarship to him while he is/was still committed to USF. The Longhorns have a big man on the same HS team with Holland that got a lot of press, but DeMarcus is the best player on that team. He has been having a great season. If this is the case it's just a reason why I hate Texas even more then I already do.

I have never liked a school, mine or another to go after a guy that is already committed to some place else.. The Longhorns and other Big 12 schools overlooked this kid but Coach Rocc found a hidden gem. I sure don't want to lose him but this will explain the sudden need for a SG in the 2012 class.

Hopefully Coach Rocc and Zach LeDay can talk Holland back to USF's side. We sure as hell can't lose LeDay(Another hidden gem) who committed to USF in large part due to Holland coming here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Eric Bossi †@ebosshoops

Texas guard Demarcus Holland confirmed his decommitment from South Florida and is in the process of setting an official visit to Texas.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

There are threads all over the internet that is saying that Holland is either decommitted or seriously thinking about decommitting. Texas has offered a scholarship to him while he is/was still committed to USF. The Longhorns have a big man on the same HS team with Holland that got a lot of press, but DeMarcus is the best player on that team. He has been having a great season. If this is the case it's just a reason why I hate Texas even more then I already do.

I have never liked a school, mine or another to go after a guy that is already committed to some place else.. The Longhorns and other Big 12 schools overlooked this kid but Coach Rocc found a hidden gem. I sure don't want to lose him but this will explain the sudden need for a SG in the 2012 class.

Hopefully Coach Rocc and Zach LeDay can talk Holland back to USF's side. We sure as hell can't lose LeDay(Another hidden gem) who committed to USF in large part due to Holland coming here.

Unfortunately this happens a lot, even from USF; part of the biz of collegiate sports right or wrong.

The problem is USF has no PG outside of Collins for next season and with the tempo on offense having, better speed up without a low post scoring threat, we are in quite the pickle. If USF had a real chance to get Sam Cassell Jr then I would be OK with losing Holland but we don't. Brian Greene is more of a SG and while he jumps out the gym, I am not blown away with his quickness or PG skill set.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The problem is USF has no PG outside of Collins for next season and with the tempo on offense having, better speed up without a low post scoring threat, we are in quite the pickle. If USF had a real chance to get Sam Cassell Jr then I would be OK with losing Holland but we don't. Brian Greene is more of a SG and while he jumps out the gym, I am not blown away with his quickness or PG skill set.

Perhaps, B J Daniels could make an encore performance on the basketball team after the end of football season. :lol:

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The problem is USF has no PG outside of Collins for next season and with the tempo on offense having, better speed up without a low post scoring threat, we are in quite the pickle.

Is Blake Nash going somewhere?

The problem is USF has no PG outside of Collins for next season and with the tempo on offense having, better speed up without a low post scoring threat, we are in quite the pickle.

Is Blake Nash going somewhere?

Well I guess like Heath, I forgot about Blake Nash. Usually when a player gets in Stan's doghouse it is like he's never heard from again. Having said that Nash might leave if he's so far down the depth chart that the writing is on the wall. USF is still going to sign another guard if they can get the right one. I would imagine that Greene will be in for the Cincy game. Also with Holland gone might be enough to convince Cassell to give us another look.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Is Nash in Stan's doghouse? Or is AC just a better PG? Big difference.

That doesn't mean that Nash is toast. Not every player runs away when they don't get the bulk of the playing time immediately.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

Holland couldn't have decommited ... I saw a picture of him signing with us!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

Having said that Nash might leave if he's so far down the depth chart that the writing is on the wall.

You just said that USF has no PG outside of Collins for next season, but forgot about Blake .... that makes him #2 on the depth chart ..... not exactly far down.

Archived