• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boyd a Bull!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

per Greg...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm surprised he doesn't appear to be seeking a hardship waiver. I don't think he would have any problem getting one, since he is coming home to be with his son. We could use him THIS year. We should at least try, as we have nothing to lose.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'm surprised he doesn't appear to be seeking a hardship waiver. I don't think he would have any problem getting one, since he is coming home to be with his son. We could use him THIS year. We should at least try, as we have nothing to lose.

I was wondering about that too, Mama...we need some immediate impact, and this kid could definitely provide it.  Holtz should jump on that.

I was wondering about that too, Mama...we need some immediate impact, and this kid could definitely provide it.  Holtz should jump on that.

That's apparently what WVU intended on doing if his son moved with him to Morgantown. Perhaps, after he enrolls at USF, he will submit the waiver request. I know that UCF just got a hardship waiver for a RB transfer who wanted to come here, but we didn't offer.

• Content Count:  143

He's doing the right thing.  Don't ruch it.  Get four years without rushing it.

Greg made a comment about that in his blog:

Boyd's family isn't pursuing the hardship waiver. The year off will help him get adjusted to a new program and new school. (And potentially a new position.)

As you mentioned, it's very much like a traditional redshirt year. Remember, had he not enrolled early, he would be just two months removed from high school right now.

Posted by: G.A. | July 12, 2010 at 03:23 PM

• Content Count:  720

Word is that he also has a nagging hamstring injury and the year off could help him get back to 100%

• Content Count:  1,079

Although we could use the depth at WR, if that is where he switches too. I like letting him get settled in to new scheme and a possible position that he has never played. Let him enjoy his first game as a Bull against the team he just left.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

All that makes sense...but we could use a good athlete at WR, even if he's just picking up the offense (they pretty much all will be anyway).  In Holtz We Trust.

Archived