• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WR Davonte Allen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He's deciding between USF and WVU. Jessie Hester Sr is his coach.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Davonte-Allen-99970

He shined last year at the Tampa DeBartolo Football Festival at USF:

Wide Receivers

Davonte Allen, a sophomore from Glades Day HS (Fla.), was the smoothest and most natural wide receiver on the field. He showed the most potential and upside and snagged every ball out of the air with his hands.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4015463

Story on him from a WVU site.

http://www.wvillustrated.com/wvufootball/topstory/id/873

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

Wow, picking between two rivals.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Poster "jd" pointed out this article about him on Greg's blog and figured I should post it in this thread. I hope he doesn't mind.  ;D

One has Edge in Allen’s Top 2

July 15, 2010 by Luke Stampini

Glades Central wide receiver Devonte Allen is not shy about claiming the two schools that are his favorites.

“Just South Florida and West Virginia,†said Allen of the schools he is looking at.

What is it about these two Big East foes that have the 6-foot-1, 180-pound Allen deciding between the two?

“The coaching staffs and the way they talk to me about how I can fit into their offense and playing time, that kind of stuff,†explained Allen. “Those are two schools I’m looking forward to visiting.â€

While it is likely both receive official visits during the season from Allen, he plans to make the trek to Tampa to check out the Bulls in the coming weeks.

“I’m going to visit South Florida soon, probably next month sometime, in August.â€

That relatively short journey gives USF the slightest of leads for Allen.

“I’d like to stay close to home so right now South Florida has the edge,†said Allen.

As far as the upcoming season, Allen is fitting in nicely at his new home. Last season Allen attended Glades Day where the Gators entire offense centered around star running back Kelvin Taylor. This winter Allen made the jump across town to Glades Central where Coach Jesse Hester is known for spreading the football around through the air to his plethora of receivers game in and game out.

“Right now, I play the Z position that’s on the other side as KB (Kelvin Benjamin), the other receiver,†said Allen. “We plan on doing long routes. We get the same amount of balls, so it’s alright.â€

Allen and his Glades Central teammates will participate in the Nike 7-on-7 Championship Saturday.

http://www.soflafootball.com/feature/one-has-edge-in-allens-top-2

• 3 months later...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Davonte is taking some officials now. He has added Marshall to his list but I have to believe that it is still between USF and WVU. I hope he wants to stay in FL, I'm sure he doesn't know how bleak it gets in West Virginia in the winter time. Hope he gets some of that cold winter rain on his visit to WVU.

via twitter

Chris Nee RivalsCNee

Allen still wants to see #USF and #WVU before he makes his decision. He is hoping to visit those two this month, officially.

• Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

My premise is:  WVU beats USF and he "still" is leaning to USF?  Sounds like a USF commit to me, unless someone else enters the picture.

• 1 month later...

Davonte has scheduled an OV to USF on 1/21/11. Too bad he couldn't make it in for the party on the weekend of the 14th but it might work out well this way.

http://tinyurl.com/294hsp2

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Wideouts please come to USF.  We NEED you.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Davonte has scheduled an OV to USF on 1/21/11. Too bad he couldn't make it in for the party on the weekend of the 14th but it might work out well this way.

http://tinyurl.com/294hsp2

That is by design.  Allen is a fall back to their top options of Rashawn Scott, Dre Davis, Caesar, and that JUCO kid all who appear to be arriving on the 14th with Mut.  If all goes according to plan they hopefully walk out of the weekend of the 14th with 3-4 WR commits secured and then can decide if it is in their best interest to bring in Allen.

Sounds like Davonte still loves him some bulls. I like our chances with this kid.

jeffgreer jeffgreer

by RivalsCNee

Glades Central WR Davonte Allen has 3 official visits planned for Iowa St, Marshall and USF. Coach Jessie Hester said he liked USF, Marshall

Archived