• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else find this frustrating...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

IT seemed like at least 5 times, BJ would roll out after the pocket collapsing, and he would have about 10-15 yards of running room.  And he always would make a tough throw, or into coverage.  If he would just find the first, tuck it and run, he would've easily had first downs. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

that is a matter of experience.  I can remember Grothe doing the same thing in his first season.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It's a lot of the decision making process he needs to learn.  The announcers also mentioned several times that he tried to make the big play rather than throw to wide open receivers.  They must have mentioned it at 4 or 5 times. 

• Content Count:  1,757

BJ has been quoted as saying he does not want to run. He will always find a way to pass the ball. That really doesnt fit with our system.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

BJ has been quoted as saying he does not want to run. He will always find a way to pass the ball. That really doesnt fit with our system.

He is a pocket passer with legs. He said he would rather throw if possible than run, but would run if necessary.

• Content Count:  1,624

Doesn't want to run? What was he doing during the FSU, Cuse, CS games then?

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

It sure  showed last night

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

This.

I don't like the quote.

Hes a freshman, the correct answer is..."I will run or pass, I just want to do whatever it takes to help the team win."

If it wasn't for that quote, I would have said 'rookie mistake', but I have some concern that this is going to be an issue if the coaches don't step in.

Archived