• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Ford on the radar

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  219
  • Days Won:  0

I know he hasn't gotten much chance to prove himself for whatever reason (injury, committee system, perhaps not deserving, etc) but I don't know what he's actually done to be "on the radar" really.

Hopefully this year he'll get a substantial amount of carries, assuming he earns that right.

• Content Count:  849

I know he hasn't gotten much chance to prove himself for whatever reason (injury, committee system, perhaps not deserving, etc) but I don't know what he's actually done to be "on the radar" really.

Hopefully this year he'll get a substantial amount of carries, assuming he earns that right.

Probably TD production...and potential....18 TDs in pretty much 1.25 seasons....he was pretty much injured about 75% of the time last season. And ~4.4 ypc

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Mike Ford has ZERO work ethic.

It is really a shame because if he put his mind to it he could be one of the best backs we've ever seen at USF. He has all the talent in the world, just doesn't try.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I know he hasn't gotten much chance to prove himself for whatever reason (injury, committee system, perhaps not deserving, etc)

The "committee system" is a result of Ford, Taylor and company not distinguishing themselves as lead backs, not the other way around. And I don't know how "not deserving" is different from "not good enough."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

at the current pace, we should be able to crap on every starter on the team by the time the season starts. great job all you awesome diehard fans of sniffing out all the bad things you can possibly think of about any of these student athletes.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

It is really a shame because if he put his mind to it he could be one of the best backs we've ever seen at USF. He has all the talent in the world, just doesn't try.

How do you know about his work ethic?? Do you work out with him??

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

at the current pace, we should be able to crap on every starter on the team by the time the season starts. great job all you awesome diehard fans of sniffing out all the bad things you can possibly think of about any of these student athletes.

Don't know how you can say that.  The "New U's" post made a lot of sense.  We do RB by committee because no one can consistantly be counted upon.  Our running game continues to be "Grothe". and he is our leading RB, which is a mistake.  I know we have had OL issues which have hindered our Running and Passing game, but Grothe, as small as he is, and not being an RB, has been able to get a lot of yards and be counted upon.  Meanwhile our backs cannot.  Yet we play a "Rutgers" and they have a guy who gets 175 yards on us, alone.  Our backs have not stepped up and no one has emerged as a leader.  The coaches have stated in the past they were disapointed with Ford and the effort. 

So nothing anyone here has posted is unfair in any way.  If anything, if the RB's read this it should serve as motivation.  I manage people for a living and some people are motivated by encouragement, some by ego, some by money, some by fear of dissapointing others, some by negative/beating and the fear that generates.  Whatever has happened, the RB's either are not that talented, or they lacked the correct motivation.  On paper, I think it is the latter.  Lets hope they find that motivation this year.

• Content Count:  937

I have been happy w/ Ford's production since being here. He has had big games and at times been under utilized / injured. If you look at his stats they are pretty good, with a breakout junior and senior  yr, he ll get drafted he s got all the tools

• Content Count:  1,757

I wish he could get it together. It is amazing how far being a top rated RB out of high school will get you. Constant injuries, and poor work ethic and you still get mentioned as being a pick in the NFL draft. He presumably has the talent, I wish he could get his head in it. Last year, Jamar Taylor seemed like much more of a complete back to me.

Archived