• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

p10702152pi2.jpg

Taken by a Louisville fan after we committed a penalty on their final field goal attempt to kill any chance of getting the ball back and winning a game we were supposed to.

Hopefully this loss will serve as the catalyst for Leavitt to realize changes need to be made with personnel.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985

Great pic actually, one that will end up in CJL's memoirs one day.

BTW, that was the most BS call I think I have ever seen.  I cannot remember a defensive hold on a FG attempt ever.. What would be the purpose? to try to get inside to block the atempt? all it would do is tie the game.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Taken by a Louisville fan after we committed a penalty on their final field goal attempt to kill any chance of getting the ball back and winning a game we were supposed to.

Hopefully this loss will serve as the catalyst for Leavitt to realize changes need to be made with personnel.

Personnel may not be the problem...as a more glaring problem occurred on that exact play: another PENALTY.

USF is consistently one of the most penalized teams in the nation, year in and year out...and in very close games...a penalty here or there or everywhere can kill you.

Out of 119 Div I-A Teams this year...here are USF rankings based on penalties per game:

2008:  #115 (out of 119 teams)

2007:  #118 (out of 119 teams)

2006:  #117 (out of 119 teams)

2005:  #112 (out of 117 teams)

2004:  #116 (out of 117 teams)

All USF probably needs to do is decide to start using some of your great 4-5 star RB's instead of relying on only Grothe to win games. (In general...not in just yesterdays game when 1 was banged up).

Do that and have much better on-the-field discipline (cut down on penalties), it might be hard for USF to lose any Big East games.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Personnel may not be the problem...as a more glaring problem occurred on that exact play: another PENALTY.

USF is consistently one of the most penalized teams in the nation, year in and year out...and in very close games...a penalty here or there or everywhere can kill you.

Out of 119 Div I-A Teams this year...here are USF rankings based on penalties per game:

All USF probably needs to do is decide to start using some of your great 4-5 star RB's instead of relying on only Grothe to win games. (In general...not in just yesterdays game when 1 was banged up).

Do that and have much better on-the-field discipline (cut down on penalties), it might be hard for USF to lose any Big East games.

Thanx for the advice.  Good luck NOT losing by 50 tonight.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

I actually agree with KL

• Content Count:  3,403

USF might get penalized a lot, but there have been a lot of teams that won championships doing the same.  Also, that is no excuse for that last call.  I mean, it's hard to say that the ref wasn't trying to make sure Louisville won.

Defensive holding is called maybe once a year in the entire nation.  I watched the play in slow mo probably 50 times and watched every single individual on the play and I've yet to see any holding.  The outside guy that was supposedly helped by the "pull and shoot" just jumped into the blocker in question.

Whatever, this is the same kind of crap that happened in the 3 Big East losses last year, where there were terrible calls that went against us but so many other reasons we should have won as well.  It's just that sometimes I get the feeling that they don't want us to win.  Then again, I'm sure every team feels like that with the Big East officials.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

2006 UF won the NC and was 118 out of 119. What is your point?!

• Content Count:  126

All it really proves is that the officials hate us cause we love freedom.  ;D

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Post of the day. . . . week . . . .month. . . . . and maybe year.

• Content Count:  4,501

USF might get penalized a lot, but there have been a lot of teams that won championships doing the same.  Also, that is no excuse for that last call.  I mean, it's hard to say that the ref wasn't trying to make sure Louisville won.

Defensive holding is called maybe once a year in the entire nation.  I watched the play in slow mo probably 50 times and watched every single individual on the play and I've yet to see any holding.  The outside guy that was supposedly helped by the "pull and shoot" just jumped into the blocker in question.

Whatever, this is the same kind of crap that happened in the 3 Big East losses last year, where there were terrible calls that went against us but so many other reasons we should have won as well.  It's just that sometimes I get the feeling that they don't want us to win.  Then again, I'm sure every team feels like that with the Big East officials.

I'm with you on this one.  No one I talked to and some are college football addicts has heard that called before or at least could not remember it being called.  Memories of the Rutgars call came flooding back.

Archived