• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach J.L. mentioned two national kids

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

had visited USF Sunday, anyone have any idea who they were?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

had visited USF Sunday, anyone have any idea who they were?

Tilden, I think you meant to post this on the recruiting board.

Strictly as a hunch, the players could be Frankie Telfort and his teammate Frank Crawford. Both of them supposedly visited USF over the weekend as part of their big trip to various schools. Telfort is high on Tenn having a pharmacy school, which USF does not have. So, if we get one of those guys, it's most likely Crawford.

From Tuscaloosa News:

"One group of high school players going around to various camps across the Southeast is known as the 'South Florida Express.' Brett Goetz, who serves as a recruiting mentor in south Florida, is taking several prospects around the region with the crew making a stop in Tuscaloosa.

Among the group of travelers include Frankie Telfort, Scout.com four-star weakside linebacker and Frank Crawford, Scout.com three-star safety from Gulliver Prep High School in Miami."

We already got a couple of verbals from other players who were also mentored by Brett Goetz.

Now, you tell me the NAME of that OT we are supposedly getting from Arizona.  ;D

• Content Count:  188

It was Telfort and Sterling Griffin.  I talked with Griffin yesterday and he said there were three other kids with him, I don't have the names in front of me, but USF isn't recruiting them anyway. 

Telfort will end up at UF or Tennessee...if his mom has her way it will be UF, if it were purely up to him it would be Tennessee.  Very smart kid, does a ton of research on these schools and could probably tell you more about these schools than their own academic advisors!

Josh Newberg

Thanks.

If the "other" player was Griffin, CJL seemed pretty confident that he would end up at USF.

Mama- As soon as i get name, have asked hope to hear tonight.

• Content Count:  526

Sterling Griffin has good speed but to me he is unproven at this point.  As a junior he had 13 catches for 284 yards.  Thats a good 22 yard average but obviously he wasn't a focal point of the offense so its hard to gauge him.  Would I take him over Stedman Bailey?  No, but I would still take him.

has good speed but to me he is unproven at this point.  As a junior he had 13 catches for 284 yards.  Thats a good 22 yard average but obviously he wasn't a focal point of the offense so its hard to gauge him.  Would I take him over Stedman Bailey?  No, but I would still take him.

He was recently named the #15 player in Miami-Dade:

Pace receiver Griffin getting a lot of interest

BY JUSTIN AZPIAZU

jazpiazu@MiamiHerald.com

Related Content

Miami-Dade No. 15 Recruit

LARRY BLUSTEIN'S COMMENTS: After moving over from Norland at the start of his junior season, here is an athlete who continued to get better and make an impact for the Spartans all season. Caught 13 balls during his junior season as schools such as USF, LSU and Virginia love what they see.

http://www.miamiherald.com/604/story/589058.html

A recent article said that his two favorites were USF and Purdue.

WR Sterling Griffin (6-1 174) of Opa Locka also was on the visits and is getting more of a look from USC. "South Carolina is very interested in me," he said. "I talked to coach Gillespie, coach Spurrier and coach Spurrier Jr. They like my film and they are interested. I think an offer is going to come real soon." Griffin has offers from Syracuse, Virginia, Purdue, Iowa State, Ole Miss, Florida International, Florida Atlantic and South Florida. Purdue and South Florida are his top two. Last season he had 35 catches for 900 yards and 10 touchdowns.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20080717/PSPORTS02/264660816/1018/sports&title=Florida_Group_Visits_USC___Clemson_

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

He doesn't have to be a speed demon to be a good receiver anyway...

SJ green was very effective because he ran good routes and caught the ball.

Speed helps, but if he is efficient... he could be very valuable.

• Content Count:  622

Another atricle with info about the Pharmacy deal..

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/771092.html

Mama- Sorry no name-

Archived