• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great Deal On Pittsburgh Trip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The wife and I decided to head into the Friday after Thanksgiving (Nov. 23rd) to watch our Bulls clinch the BE Title and their first BCS bid. Just wanted to share the awesome deal we got with my fellow Bull-breathren for those interested in attending.

1. Flight to Pittsburgh - Southwest Airlines Flight 1236 (Non-stop) arriving at 12:30 pm - $99.00 / each

2. Rental car (Compact through Avis) - $21.00 / day - Priceline.com "name your price"

3. Hotel room at the Westin Convention Center in downtown Pittsburgh (a 4 star with a 1 mile walk to the stadium) - Priceline.com "name your price" $92.00/night (+ tax) (regular rate is $185.00/night)

4. Game tickets - $35.00 each (went to Pitt's site and they tuck us in the back corner of one of the endzones)

5. Flight back to Tampa/St. Pete - USA 3000 - Arrives in Tamp at 8:35 pm - $99.00 / each

TOTAL - approx. $750.00

Watching the Bulls pound the Panthers and win the Big East crown......PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on out with us Bulls Fans, the team needs our support on this one.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

WOW...I need to check out Southwest...

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

The wife and I decided to head into the Friday after Thanksgiving (Nov. 23rd) to watch our Bulls clinch the BE Title and their first BCS bid. Just wanted to share the awesome deal we got with my fellow Bull-breathren for those interested in attending.

1. Flight to Pittsburgh - Southwest Airlines Flight 1236 (Non-stop) arriving at 12:30 pm - $99.00 / each

2. Rental car (Compact through Avis) - $21.00 / day - Priceline.com "name your price"

3. Hotel room at the Westin Convention Center in downtown Pittsburgh (a 4 star with a 1 mile walk to the stadium) - Priceline.com "name your price" $92.00/night (+ tax) (regular rate is $185.00/night)

4. Game tickets - $35.00 each (went to Pitt's site and they tuck us in the back corner of one of the endzones)

5. Flight back to Tampa/St. Pete - USA 3000 - Arrives in Tamp at 8:35 pm - $99.00 / each

TOTAL - approx. $750*.00

Watching the Bulls pound the Panthers and win the Big East crown......PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on out with us Bulls Fans, the team needs our support on this one.

Hey buddy, ol pal, can you get me one of each of those?  Thanks

• Content Count:  1,812

I fly to Pittsburgh a lot and get tickets for direct flights from Tampa on US Airways from $59 each way. I just came back from there last week and had upgrade both ways so it was nice.

I work on the Pitt Campus so will probably stay there for the game; last year I tried to take a picture of the Panther with a USF shirt and hat on for this board and got caught. They said as long as I did not deface the Panther all would be fine and since then I walk by it and leave it alone.

• Content Count:  3,307

That's Thanksgiving weekend. Book 'em early and take your mittens.

I know. $59 would be awesome, and might be offerred by USA 3000 or Southwest, but with it being Thanksgiving weekend, I don't want to wait around for such a slim chance at a discounted fare.

The best part of it is, we do not miss a moment with the family on Thanksgiving Day (everyone lives locally) and we still get to catch (what I hope to be) a extremely meaningful victory for USF.

• Content Count:  1,812

I know. $59 would be awesome, and might be offerred by USA 3000 or Southwest, but with it being Thanksgiving weekend, I don't want to wait around for such a slim chance at a discounted fare.

The best part of it is, we do not miss a moment with the family on Thanksgiving Day (everyone lives locally) and we still get to catch (what I hope to be) a extremely meaningful victory for USF.

Either way you can not go wrong; I think Pittsburgh is one of the nicest cities in the US and I have been to a lot of them. Every time I come out of the tunnel and see the skyline it is awesome. The Oakland area; where Pitt and many other colleges are located has some spectacular architecture and the Strip district for good food during the day and great clubs at night is also close to Downtown.

• Content Count:  9,038

Doesn't USA 3000 fly out of St Pete?

Yes, they fly out of St. Pete.

• Content Count:  687

Scalp your tickets at the game. I think we got three tickets to the game for a total of 35 bucks the last time we played Pitt.

Archived