• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Auburn Tailgating

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I've seen threads about where to stay, where to drink the night before, etc, but I haven't heard any discussion about where to park and tailgate at Auburn.  I know it's mostly on-campus park-wherever-you-can, but are there lots maybe just off-campus where we can get a bunch of USF fans together, etc?  It would be nice if there was a lot that you could just crash out at so you don't have to drive all the way back to Columbus if you have one too many while celebrating!

I've checked Auburn's official athletics site, and they have a section for Tailgating, but it doesn't link to anything.  Anyone know anything about the area?  I know it's early, but I am getting pumped up about this game.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all I could find:

http://www.al.com/travel/auburn/index.ssf?jordan_hare.html

Jordan Hare Stadium

Gameday Procedures

Fans and tailgaters are reminded to show patience and courtesy to each other and to respect all law enforcement, security and University personnel.

Tailgating and RV arrival is not allowed until 4 p.m. on Friday. RVs arriving prior to this time may park in the large grass parking areas located at the corner of Donahue Drive and Lem Morrison Drive. RVs must leave campus by 4 p.m. on Sunday.

No one is allowed to reserve parking spaces for any reason. Reserving tailgating spots using stakes, ropes, ribbons, tape, chairs, tables, tents, vehicles or other items is not allowed until 4 p.m. on Friday, except for specially-permitted University events. Items found before then are subject to removal without notice or reimbursement.

Vehicles are not allowed inside areas enclosed by bollards, posts, chains or fences. Cars in these areas or those found blocking roadways, sidewalks, emergency lanes, fire hydrants, driveways or other vehicles are subject to being towed at the owner's expense.

Parking spaces reserved for the disabled remain in effect on Game Day. Please be considerate of others.

No vehicles are allowed on any part of the Concourse.

Non-university golf carts and all-terrain vehicles are not allowed on campus.

Several No-RV zones have been established in the core area of campus and other sites. Please refer to the Game Day map in this publication to determine which areas are designated No-RV zones. Signs will direct RVs, travel-trailers and campers to specially designated areas for parking. The No-RV zones will create additional areas for tailgating and parking in the core part of campus

All streets must remain open to traffic and emergency vehicles, except those that are blocked by law-enforcement barricades surrounding Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Academic and administrative buildings are closed on Game Day. Some campus buildings will be open. They are Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum, the Athletic Complex, Foy Student Union, the Alumni Center, the AU Hotel & Dixon Conference Center, Dudley Commons, Engineering Shop 1 (ground floor), Facilities Division Building 5, the Intramural Field House, the Old Physical Plant Building, Parker Hall (east end), Draughon Library, Ham Wilson Arena and Plainsman Park. Haley Center will be open until kickoff, Mary Martin Hall is open until noon and Jordan-Hare Stadium opens two hours before game time. (Open buildings are indicated on map.) Smoking is not allowed in campus buildings.

It is unlawful to use any University utilities.

Tents with stakes shorter than 12 inches may be set up after 4 p.m. on the day before game day. Permits are required for any tent with stakes that are 12-inches or longer. Permit requests should be made at least 14 days in advance to Carol Cadenhead, University Tent Coordinator, Facilities Division, 334/844-9572 and cadence@auburn.edu. Tent permits are not site reservations.

Special permits are required for outdoor entertainment events with amplified music. Permit requests must be submitted at least 14 days in advance and must include a list of required information for the request to be approved. Requests should be made to Jana Smith, Office of the Assistant Vice President for Facilities, 334/844-9430 and smithj3@auburn.edu. The outdoor entertainment permit will specify the location and other requirements to ensure that the event is conducted in a safe manner. If the event also requires a tent, a tent permit must be obtained first as outlined in the previous section.

Grills are not allowed within 50 feet of campus buildings or in other designated no-grill areas. All fires must be contained within grills or other containers designed specifically for that purpose. Extinguish charcoal fires thoroughly with water before leaving them unattended. Place extinguished charcoal in designated containers or remove it from campus for disposal. Do not dump charcoal on the ground or in dumpsters. Tailgating and grilling are not allowed in the parking deck.

In order to minimize dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by engine exhausts from RVs, trailers or portable generators, owners should ensure that engines are properly vented. Always park in a manner that ensures adequate space between vehicles. Install carbon monoxide detectors if possible.

Place all trash in trash receptacles or in bags. Bagged trash should be placed in designated locations as indicated by signs.

• Content Count:  9,038

I know that I won't be tailgating.

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

Try this link to their athletics website.  They have some maps in Adobe format for downloading.

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/school-bio/aub-visitors.html

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I spoke with an Auburn alum who said that if you expect to tailgate you had better get there at the butt-crack of dawn. She sid that all of the good tailgating spots are taken early and after that it is a free-for-all. For those going later, she recommended going around, seeing the campus, and eating at some of the great Bar-B-Q restaurants around the area.

• Content Count:  827

Just attend the Alumni Tailgate once it is announced. ALWAYS the best bet. Can't beat it!

• Content Count:  9,038

rgr

• Content Count:  873

Just attend the Alumni Tailgate once it is announced. ALWAYS the best bet. Can't beat it!

Except they overcharge for food and drinks.

Except they overcharge for food and drinks.

It's not like the Alumni Association is trying to make money and therefore charges more to earn a profit.  Quite the contrary.  They almost always lose money on the event.

At almost every away game, the host university policies say that USF has to use their caterer, their rental company (for tents, chairs, tables, etc), and tells USF where they are allowed to set up.  The Alumni Association can't shop around and get better prices.

• Content Count:  119

Will anyone be around early to mid afternoon on Saturday to walk around and crash Auburn's tailgating?  :)  >:D

My buddies and I will be there early on Saturday morning, if/when people want to meet up.

Archived