• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Zach Hudson, OT, Sickles HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Will Taggart get a Tiger to flip?

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 3:28pm

Facebook

Email

January

Coach Willie Taggart's search for beefy, athletic linemen has taken him to Citrus Park, where he might get a Missouri commitment to flip.

Sickles OT Zach Hudson (6-foot-5, 290 pounds), an honor student with a sparkling football pedigree, will visit USF with Gryphons DE Josh Black on Jan. 17, Sickles coach Brian Turner said.

Hudson is the grandson of Billy Turner, Hillsborough County's all-time winningest high school coach. He committed to Missouri last summer but is having second thoughts after being courted heavily by Taggart and receivers coach David Reaves, who recruits the bay area.

"I think he's contemplating staying closer to home," Brian Turner said. "He's seen some of the guys who have committed there and a bunch of them are local guys. He feels he might be able to come in there and play earlier. ... His parents like (Taggart and Reaves)."

Noted for his agility and intelligence, Hudson has spent the past two seasons as one of the primary blockers for Ray Ray McCloud, who has run for 3,635 yards during that span. A Tampa Bay Times second-team all-Hillsborough County pick, he's a three-star prospect by Rivals.com.

Black, the Times' defensive player of the year for 2013 and three-star prospect, would also represent an 11th-hour coup for Taggart. Likened to James Wilder Jr. (also coached by Brian Turner in 2008), Black had 103 tackles and 20 sacks last fall.

[Last modified: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 3:32pm]

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Coming for Jan 24. Mizzou commit. 6'5" #280.

God I love watching OL highlights

You and me both, brother. I loves me some big uglies!

Pros: Good technique, good footwork, especially good center of gravity. This kid could moonlight as a tightrope walker. Played both tackles and even some guard. Hopefully that indicates good teachability

Cons: not many pass plays or pulling plays in the reel, but from what i saw, he's not that fast pulling. Hard to tell how long he can maintain a pass block from that film. Tendency to let his hands get a little too far outside. Need to keep them in a couple more inches to avoid college holding calls.

Me likey.  Make it happen, Willie!!

Any chance we get both?  One can dream!!

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Cons: not many pass plays or pulling plays in the reel, but from what i saw, he's not that fast pulling.

Do tackles often pull?  Maybe in Taggart's offense more than normal?  Hopefully most of the other negatives you noted can be coached up since they are mostly technique.

This would be a huge get IMO - such a huge need and this kid has a promising background.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Huge get indeed. This is what we need for this offense. Bi rcvrs big linemen Aww yea. And hopefully flowers making game winning plays with his feet.

Huge get indeed. This is what we need for this offense. Bi rcvrs big linemen Aww yea. And hopefully flowers making game winning plays with his feet.

We'll let you fix that yourself...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Mike White working on him, and Devin Abraham joins in too...

@TheBigZach51: Hyped for my official visit saturday after talking to @MW_XIV about it. Gonna be a good week end

@MW_XIV: @TheBigZach51 you're gonna be a hometown hero my man!! #DreamTeam

@TheBigZach51: @MW_XIV keepin it in town does sound nice bro

@DevinAbraham20: @TheBigZach51 @MW_XIV only the people in the class can #dreamteam michael. So join us Zach #DreamTeam

@MW_XIV: @DevinAbraham20 @TheBigZach51 we play on the same team Devin, don't be an individual

@TheBigZach51: @DevinAbraham20 @MW_XIV haha dream team sounds pretty **** good

https://twitter.com/thebigzach51/status/423301762377068544

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

He just got followed by nearly our entire coaching staff on twitter and a handful of the players (idk why it gives you those notifications on twitter now but it's been pretty useful at realizing someone has committed)

I say we land him this weekend, along with a flurry of other commits.

Edited by Hem