• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nick Holman, ILB, Bob Jones HS, Madison, AL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Multiple sources report a USF offer for Nick. This one is out of the country, boys. Someone saw something they really liked here, Only other offer is UAB but Vandy guy from 247 predicts he comes here.

He is rightsized as a college ILB prospect and a sure handed tackler. I liked his film. I'm on board Coach.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Plays against terrible competition, but it looks like he plays with intensity which is what we desperately need.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Holman committed tonight.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  171

Per Joey Knight, he has committed. Welcome aboard!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Wecome to the conference leading USF Bulls, Nick. You are gonna like it here, I promise.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

http://usf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1558419

Madison (Ala.) Bob Jones inside linebacker Nick Holman committed to USF Sunday night. He becomes the sixteenth commitment of the 2014 class - and the first inside linebacker.

"I'm happy - It's kind of like a weight off my shoulders," Holman told Runningthebulls.com. "Now I can just focus on getting this state ring."

"I can't come down there early (for enrollment) because I have to take a couple of more classes in high school to graduate. I'm going to come down there ready to play."

Nick Holman

Holman's unofficial visit last weekend played a huge part in his decision - and he also picked up the Bulls' offer that weekend.

"I went down there and I felt like I was at home - kind of a home away from home. I knew Coach Cooper already from a few different schools. I really feel like they wanted me to come down there and play. It's a school with a lot of people - beaches around it and stuff. It's an up and coming football program and I feel like Coach Taggart and is going to get this thing rolling and it's something I want to be a part of."

"My favorite thing about the visit was just talking to Coach Taggart - not only just about football but just about life. He's a coach you can just call up and talk about anything. Really just having a head coach telling you that football is important means you have to take that into the next step of life whether that's the NFL or just some job."

What will Holman's commitment look like moving forward?

"I mean looking for anybody else," he said about other colleges. Holman only plans on taking one official - and that's of course to USF.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Pros - seems to always be near the ball; good size;

Questions- competition level; not a speed demon; too much arm tackling (can be coached); only offer from UAB

Having said that, if the staff wants him then you have to assume he can contribute. There's a lot of dead weight at LB right now so he'll get a chance to see the field if he can play. See Nigel Harris.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I like that he isn't a 190 lb kid that has to grow into a LB

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Dude is fierce and likes to hit hard...can't coach that. He is a bit slow however which means he will likely be used as a big run stopper.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Dude is fierce and likes to hit hard...can't coach that. He is a bit slow however which means he will likely be used as a big run stopper.

He can always improve his speed and agility through certain drills. He seems like a solid prospect and has good size straight out of high school.