• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Galati, OL Manatee HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@USFBulls_Rivals: #USF picks up commitment from Manatee OL Michael Galati. 6-2, 280 and a versatile player for the Hurricanes.

@TheBullRush: Galati, 6'2" 290 lbs. is not ranked yet by either 247, Rivals, or ESPN #USF

The University of South Florida (USF) on Saturday (July 27th) offered three-year Bradenton Manatee starter Michael Galati. The 6-2, 283-pound rising senior has played tackle, guard, tight end and center during his high school career. Link to Galati's Hudl highlight video. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, these guys are picking up my favorites left and right!

And this one was an obscure one, too.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

On a scholarship or walk-on?

I'm gonna try and pull up some of my other comments about him from the past so that I don't have to type out like a whole new thing about why I like him.

6/28/2013

Rohan Blackwood clearly stood out on that video as he was just toying with both offensive tackles. It was straight up athletic ability.

I like the look of Dennis Williams though, and I wish I knew who that OL #158 was.

6/28/2013

Yeah I just realized the BCP people specifically gave his name on the video. I thought they were only showcasing DLs.

He stands out on tape. Really well put together, powerful hands but especially good feet and a good back. Give me good feet, a good back, and balance on the move...and I think my coaches can make an effective lineman.

That's two unrated/unknowns that have stood out to me on the SNL tape. Michael Galati and I'Tavious Harvin.

7/5/2013

While they're recruiting schools like Estero, they need to pull in that Michael Galati offensive lineman from Manatee. Another diamond in the rough. In addition to being a **** good offensive lineman that has played all five positions, he's also been his team's long snapper.

I could swear I've posted more. But I've definitely looked at a lot of the guy's tape off HUDL.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/406466/#highlights/43399408

I even took one of my draft tricks and looked for film that was chosen for highlights of his QB and RB so that I could get a good look at Galati on an every down basis when he wasn't supposed to be a highlight. The dude just plain checked out. Very solid player.

This is the HUDL highlight page of the team's primary RB. It might as well be a Michael Galati highlight reel.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1438907/#highlights/52549581

This was (thus far) the best offensive lineman's tape that I'd seen among guys connected with South Florida.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

He is strong (335 bench 445 squat as a HS Junior!), mobile, smart (wants to study business or law), has good size (6-2.5 280 lbs.), and is coachable...what more could you ask for in a guard? It looks like Manatee runs an offense similar to what Taggart is trying to implement as well so that can't hurt. http://www.ncra.org/About/content.cfm?ItemNumber=12214&navItemNumber=12159

Either this staff knows what it's doing, or we just have unusually similar tastes...because many of these smaller level recruits are guys I had come to view as strongly underrated.

Speaking about Stanley Clerveaux, Nick Nataro, Chris Jones, Michael Galati and Chase Litton (yes, he still counts even though he de-committed).

I wasn't so hot on the Bruno Reagan commit when people thought he was an OL because I thought he should be a DT and then I heard that's exactly what they're going to do with him, play him at DT. These guys and I are just on a remarkably similar wavelength this recruiting season. Doesn't mean they're right. Doesn't mean I'm right. Just an odd coincidence.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I'm sure Coach Kinnan let Coach T know about this guy, can't forget that pretty new Manatee/USF connection we have.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Nice. Keeps his hands inside, stays with his man, heads downfield to help out. Looks like he's got some quicks too. Looks like he spent most of the time on the right, wonder how well he'll grade out as a LT?

I loves me some big uglies.

Welcome to USF Mr. Galati!

Go Bulls!

Edited by charsibb
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Here's the link I was trying to post...instead of the completely random one that showed up on this library's computer when I hit paste X_X.

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/fl/bradenton/manatee-high-school/michael-galati

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

I think the kid will be our next center after Reiter