• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Troy Holston SG

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Kid is blowing up with offers lately.  Looks to have a "Big East" body, not a skinny kid.  The first 3/4 of the video he's just a shooter, but the last bit shows he has "ups."

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Alex Kline â€@TheRecruitScoop 44m

After receiving more then 30 offers, 2014 SG Troy Holston is down to USF, Kansas State, Miami, Alabama, Memphis & Marquette, per his coach.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Troy Holston continues to enjoy the fruits of his breakout summer, picking up an offer from Miami on Monday.

The Oldsmar Christian 6-foot-4, 175-pound sharp shooter has been the hottest Tampa Bay hoopster on the recruiting circuit this summer, doubling his total of interested schools and now says he is sitting at 25-30 offers.

"I was a little surprised by Miami,'' said Holston, an athletic shooting guard. "I did see some of the coaching staff watching me, but i didn't know that they needed another guard. But they lost like four (after last season) and said they do."

Holston, who played this summer for North Florida Elite, has also picked up offers from USF, Kansas State, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Murray State, and is receiving strong interest from Marquette, Florida State, Alabama and Georgia.

Holston, who played at Freedom and Wharton, now could be primed to enter some of the national rankings. He is a pure scorer, and his abilty to create his own shot, and make them, opened some eyes during the July evaluation period.

What started with a big-time performance at the Peach State event could end right where Holston envisioned himself when the summer began, regarded as one of the top 150 basketball players in the country.

"I've been working my butt off to get where I wanted to be,'' Holston said. "I wanted to play at a high level major college. I'm glad people are taking notice."

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/oldsmar-christians-troy-holston-stays-hot-picks-miami-usf-offers/17812/

Oldsmar Christian SG Troy Hoston names top 6 schools, includes USF

And then there were six.

Oldsmar Christian shooting guard Troy Holston is down to six schools, naming his lists of finalists this afternoon. Head coach Jordan Fair announced on twitter that it's down to Kansas State, Miami, Alabama, Marquette, Memphis and his hometown school, USF.

The 6-foot-4 guard was offered by Marquette yesterday. Bama and Miami extended scholarships to him this week as well, according to 247Sports.com.

Holston is a lights-out shooter and picked up steam in the month of July, nabbing a number of high-profile offers. He's been playing with the North Florida Elite this summer.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2013/7/31/oldsmar_christian_sg.html

Troy Holston 6'3 G @HoopTillDeath23 tells me he will visit USF on Monday. Tells me a current top  @VerbalCommits

Needless to say this is a must get and probably the biggest prize for Heath at USF ever. Yes for now Egbunu was a higher rated prospect( Holston is going to shyrocket up the rankings soon), but this kid is a hometown/local product that happens to also be a great shooter. It's extremely hard to get guys that can really shoot and score as well as Holston. They are such a rare breed that the demand for them is as high as it is for a great PG. Holston is a guy that because of his build, skills as a scorer, and pure shooting ability can come in from Day 1 and be one of, if not the go to guy as a freshmen for USF.

Rumor even has it Kentucky has offered since Holston decided to trim his list to 6 before it was anticipated. UK likes to wait and come in late, but it would not be a surprise if they indeed offered today but not matter how much athleticism you have, you still need people capable of putting the ball in the basket and keeping the opposing defense honest.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Hope for the best. We need to keep home the talent.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

Needless to say this is a must get 

No, it's not ....

• Downvote 1

Needless to say this is a must get 

No, it's not ....

7433019188_7633bcfd09_o_zpsa430fb30.gif

Edited by Vega

A July of torching nets across the country has yielded Troy Holston of Oldsmar Christian 30 scholarship offers.  The 6-foot-4 shooting guard has trimmed his list to six schools.  Holston will decide between (no particular order) South Florida, Kansas State, Miami, Alabama, Marquette and Memphis.

In an interview this morning Holston gave us insight on his list of schools.

South Florida
“I like Coach Heath and I’ll be close to my family & have that support.  They have a pass first point guard and Coach Heath was instrumental in helping another local guard get to the league.  I like the fan support too.â€

Miami
“Coach Larranaga is off to a fast start with the program and he is a winning coach.  The location is good there too.â€

Kansas State
“They have recruited me extremely hard and the coach (Bruce Weber) is a winner as well.  He has coached a couple of pros, it’s in a college town and they have good player development.â€

Alabama
“They have a pro style offense.  Coach Grant gives his players freedom & they’re in the SEC.â€

Marquette
“They have a proven high level of work ethic and player development. Winning team & winning coach (Buzz Williams) who got a guard to the league this past year.â€

Memphis
“It’s traditionally been a top 10 program in the country.  They have a strong fan base, great atmosphere with sellout crowds of 18,000, & Coach Pastner has a history of good guards.â€

We got a chance to see Holston this past weekend at the AAU Super Showcase where he sported an all around offensive game.  He displayed a smooth stroke, improved handles and the ability to finish at the rim with either hand.

http://www.sourcehoops.com/holston-trims-list-to-6-schools/