• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deiondre Porter, DTQB, Jefferson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Everybody keeps talking about a canceled OV.  You do realize that he has been around and talking to the staff for a long time.  He has probably been on a non-official visit already and has more then enough contact with coaches.  He could be using this time to see what Florida has to offer and hear what they have to say.  If Florida is close to flipping him after that I would hope that he would at least give us an official instead of Wisconsin in that situation. 

That is irrelevant!  I have been assured by members of this board that never in the history of the NCAA has a recruit taken OVs to some schools and then signed an LOI with another school.  

Never.

Ever.
  • Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Everybody keeps talking about a canceled OV.  You do realize that he has been around and talking to the staff for a long time.  He has probably been on a non-official visit already and has more then enough contact with coaches.  He could be using this time to see what Florida has to offer and hear what they have to say.  If Florida is close to flipping him after that I would hope that he would at least give us an official instead of Wisconsin in that situation. 

That is irrelevant!  I have been assured by members of this board that never in the history of the NCAA has a recruit taken OVs to some schools and then signed an LOI with another school.  

Never.

Ever.

No one has ever said that.  It may not be outcome determinative, but if you don't think that cancelling the visit to USF and going to UF means SOMETHING, I don't know what to tell you. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I hope you're right, but I doubt you are...  only time will tell.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I hope you're right, but I doubt you are...  only time will tell.

There are only 3 weekends left before NSD.  If I had been on campus several times & met with coaches, I'd likely want to use my allotted OVs to get free trips to school that I MIGHT consider.  No harm in it.  I don't see any backlash from USF, like there was when Litton headed to UF.  Maybe Porter is talking to Taggart, and saying "Hey, coach, I'm still a commit, but I owe it to myself to get my visits in".

Not sure if we're still in the Dead Period, so maybe that theory doesn't hold up.

The good news...it'll be over in just over 3 weeks.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Never.

Ever.

No one has ever said that.  

Not in this thread, but it was definitely said.  I can go retrieve the quotes if you really want to see them.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Never.

Ever.

No one has ever said that.  

Not in this thread, but it was definitely said.  I can go retrieve the quotes if you really want to see them.

The two quotes you were spazzing out about in the Cook thread were:

"I can't think of a time a recruit, much less an elite recruit, chose a school that did not host him on an ov."

and

"Based on recollection I cannot recall anyone signing with usf without taking an official visit. The ones who may have were jucos (Jacquian Williams maybe) but none out of high school."

Neither of which rise to the level of your straw man quoted above.  "Following the visits" is a viable strategy for the vast majority of recruits when playing the prediction game.  Your implicit argument that dropping a USF visit in favor of a UF one means nothing is obviously without merit to anyone who follows the recruiting process.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We are the old, tired, 'bring home to mom' girlfriend....UF is the smoking, hot slut

We are the old, tired, 'bring home to mom' girlfriend....UF is the smoking, hot slut in jorts

fixed it for you

Jeff Odom â€@ByJeffOdom 2h #Gators may not be only school bidding for #USF verbal commit Deiondre Porter. Per @joshnewberg247, #Georgia & #Miami are also interested.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Jeff Odom â€@ByJeffOdom 2h #Gators may not be only school bidding for #USF verbal commit Deiondre Porter. Per @joshnewberg247, #Georgia & #Miami are also interested.

If UF is the slut, does that make Miami the prostitute?