• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stanley Clerveaux, WR North Miami HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This might be our next Haitian Hall of Famer. Guy flat out goes up and gets the ball.Love his speed but really impressed with his ability to grab the ball in traffic.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like he's playing against our DB's from the last 2 years !

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

Per his twitter:

@Lineup_Guy: Top5:

USF

Bowling green

Marshall

Cincinatti

App state

• Content Count:  636

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185

Definitely looks like a solid possession WR with good size and athleticism. Which makes me wonder do any of you think we might be recruiting him to play DB as well and utilize his athleticism and length?

We now have NFL caliber coaches on that side of the ball that can teach these kids to become elite at their position if they want it bad enough and possess the necessary skills. I have noticed a lot of recruits talking about how we have coaches that have coached at the highest level in the NFL and know what it takes to get there. With that being one of the reasons they're considering us and is a very smart reason as well as early playing time. 

I hope it translates well onto the field b/c we all know we have the talent currently on the roster. It just needs to be coached up as well as fitting the right guys into certain roles they might not be accustomed to or be the stereotypical size/skill set of a player that plays that position.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Going up against some real good programs for this kid /sarcasm

No offense to him but these are players we should be going after later in the cycle. I mean this kid has an FCS team in his top 5

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Going up against some real good programs for this kid /sarcasm

No offense to him but these are players we should be going after later in the cycle. I mean this kid has an FCS team in his top 5

No offense to you but I'll rely on our coaches' opinions as to when we should go after a player ...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185

Here's a blog from a respectable recruiting blogger in South Florida.

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/blog/blus-blog/blus-blog-2014s-top-75-pre-spring-list

They have him at #40 out of the top 75 from Dade and Broward, which is higher than a lot of other rated prospects. He also is a three star according to scout and borderline three in Rivals. Although I think none of that really matters when you are trying to rate a kid out of Florida. There are way too many talented athletes to try and rank them against each other let alone have a top 100 for the state. I usually go by what I see on film and how good the competition was that he was facing. In his case I think he seems like a solid recruit but I do wonder if they might be thinking of switching him and using his length and athleticism on the defensive side of the ball. 

As for his offer list, it isn't even the beginning of his senior year yet, so a lot can happen between that time as this should be his best/most productive yr!

• Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

Tweet from Mike Singer, correspondent at Rivals:

@Mike_RTB: #USF target (@Lineup_Guy) Stanley Clerveaux has the Bulls as his #1 school .@USFBulls_Rivals

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Always good to be a kids #1. As Coach T would say, we want kids who WANT to be here!