12 replies to this topic

#1 cophbulls

cophbulls

King

• 1,455 posts
  • Joined Aug 29, 2004

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

http://www.bloggingt...-never-heard-of

Just saw this, not sure if this has already been discussed. I hope he can 'catch' on.

WR Carlton Mitchell, South Florida, 6’4", 212, 24 years old

Mitchell was drafted by the Browns in the sixth round of the 2010 draft. He played 52 snaps over 16 games with the Browns in two seasons, catching only three passes for 32 yards as injuries and ineffectiveness kept him off the field and on the practice squad. After two unproductive seasons and after struggling with a leg injury in camp, he was released by the Browns in late August 2012. He was signed and released by the Jaguars in a three-day span in November 2012.

I dont know if some of you realize this, but Athletics is not like going to McDonald's.
You can't go up to a drive thru window and order a championship and get it in 5 minutes." - no.bull bulls

Preachers like Harold Camping go around predicting the end of the world. but it's folks like the Republicans who do the hard work of making it happen

#2 slick1ru2

slick1ru2

Heisman Candidate

• 11,700 posts
  • Joined Jul 25, 2008
  • LocationThe South

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

That's why its important for these kids to have degrees when they leave USF, no matter what level they play on. I wish him the best.

B3EAWOUIYAInuxm.jpg

#3 slick1ru2

slick1ru2

Heisman Candidate

• 11,700 posts
  • Joined Jul 25, 2008
  • LocationThe South

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Cowboys recently signed him.

http://www.dallascow...9c-07259e0868b6

https://twitter.com/C_Mitch18

Edited by slick1ru2, 23 January 2013 - 10:45 AM.

B3EAWOUIYAInuxm.jpg

#4 cophbulls

cophbulls

King

• 1,455 posts
  • Joined Aug 29, 2004

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

yeah, I'm sorry, the Cowboys signing is what I was alluding to in my initial post

I dont know if some of you realize this, but Athletics is not like going to McDonald's.
You can't go up to a drive thru window and order a championship and get it in 5 minutes." - no.bull bulls

Preachers like Harold Camping go around predicting the end of the world. but it's folks like the Republicans who do the hard work of making it happen

#5 usfvictor

usfvictor

Redshirt Freshman

• 650 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2011

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

That's why its important for these kids to have degrees when they leave USF, no matter what level they play on. I wish him the best.

not sure if you were trying to imply he doesn't have his degree or just making a generalization, but i beleive he has his degree

#6 slick1ru2

slick1ru2

Heisman Candidate

• 11,700 posts
  • Joined Jul 25, 2008
  • LocationThe South

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

not sure if you were trying to imply he doesn't have his degree or just making a generalization, but i beleive he has his degree

Not implying anything about Mitchell personally, making a generalization. (Maybe free agent Darrell Scott can come back and finish his degree)

And sorry, didn't read the link. So often on this board the link is for the quoted material.

Edited by slick1ru2, 23 January 2013 - 11:04 AM.

B3EAWOUIYAInuxm.jpg

#7 BiggTipp

BiggTipp

Super Sophomore

• 1,932 posts
  • Joined Apr 25, 2005
  • LocationBrooksville, Fl

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

He left after his RS JR season...4 years academically and I think he did get his degree
Bowden conceded that his own team's miscues didn't help, but he wasn't going to take anything away from South Florida's performance.

"They hit us as hard as we've been hit all year," Bowden said

#8 BullFan98

BullFan98

5th Year Senior

• 6,095 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I hope he turns things around in Dallas. Good luck CM.

#9 Jihme

Jihme

Junior Phenom

• 4,651 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2006
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

he should have stayed an extra year

#10 Willie_T_For_Me

Willie_T_For_Me

Heisman Candidate

• 7,628 posts
  • Joined Sep 02, 2007
  • LocationTAMPA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

i still find it crazy that he left early.

He's got ALL the physical tools. I think he just needed to refine his game a bit.

#11 gobulls83

gobulls83

Super Sophomore

• 3,448 posts
  • Joined Feb 14, 2006

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Another year wouldn't have changed his NFL prospects much. He spent three years on the same NFL roster, there's no reason he couldn't "refine his game" just as well there as he could have at USF. Dude had a short window to make NFL money; anyone have any idea how much money he's made?

#12 Orlando Bull

Orlando Bull

Junior Phenom

• 4,384 posts
  • Joined Sep 02, 2007
  • LocationWinter Garden, FL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Another year wouldn't have changed his NFL prospects much. He spent three years on the same NFL roster, there's no reason he couldn't "refine his game" just as well there as he could have at USF. Dude had a short window to make NFL money; anyone have any idea how much money he's made?

Agreed... not to mention, with the coaching change, he had no idea how his senior season was going to go. It was a risk to leave when he did, but, judging by what we saw in Skip's 3 years, he probably struck while the iron was hot.

#13 George Jenkins

George Jenkins

Harness good, block bad. Feel the flow. Circular.

• 3,478 posts
  • Joined Sep 07, 2009
  • LocationSomewhere west of Orlando

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Here's a ball park:

http://www.nyjetscap...s/rookiecap.php

Looks like 6th round picks get contracts worth half a mil. 8 years after I graduated from USF and I haven't sniffed that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Football